Friday 30 December 2022

Our Annual Christmas Get Together (Dec.22, 2022)

It's my last day of work then Christmas vacation begins!

Looks like Molly is doing some last minute gift wrapping.
 
Haylee got her hair done and I think it looks great.

I don't normally do Tik Toks by myself but this one cracked me up.
It was a pretty good morning.
We ordered breakfast sandwiches for everyone from the coffee shop in town and we all visited while we ate them.
Then we all finished up our work and headed home early to start our holidays.

I dropped off a few more things I made at the store on my way home.
Things don't really seem to be moving for some reason.

We are having a few friends over tonight for our annual Christmas get together and a few of mom's friends are coming as well.
Jason was busy making all kinds of goodies to eat so when I got home, I got busy doing the cleaning.

I put on some tunes and got busy.

Freya was still over and she was excited that we were having people over.

She wanted to have a bath, put on a nice dress and she specifically asked for two buns in her hair.

I love this hair do on her, it looks so adorable on her.

Ha ha - still a pro at the evil eye.

We were ready on time and everything looked great.
Jason made this spinach and artichoke pastry tree.
This was Lorraine's favorite.

Surprise dip, cheese and crackers and lots of other goodies.
The surprise dip actually all went which doesn't normally happen - I think it was a particular favorite of Darlene's.

Jason made this dish that had a pastry on the outside then it had brie, cranberries and pecans.
It was delicious.

He made a homemade sausage then a ground bacon and blue cheese mixture rolled up like a sausage roll in a pastry.

He makes jalapeno poppers every year and they are a big hit.
Bonnie and Nadine both love them.

I always use the top of my garbage bin as a serving station for this as we are a bit tight on space.

I made the usual Christmas punch.
In years past I've ended up throwing a lot of it away at the end of the evening but not today, it was all gone right down to the last drop.

Jason also made three different desserts but I forgot to take pictures of them.
He made Dr. Pepper cake which he served in the little Dr. Pepper cans.
He also made a smores dessert and and orange mousse dessert that he made last year that was a big hit.
It was just as fabulous again this year.

Mom's friends Darlene and Lana.

Karl and Lana's husband Larry.


Bonnie and June.

Jason and I.

Nadine.

Mom and Lorraine.

It was a really nice evening.
We said we weren't going to exchange gifts this year but we did end up getting each other little gifts.
I just gave the girls chocolates, Bonnie got me some orange spice hand cream and soap.
Nadine gave me a cute little jug and some reindeer crack.

At the end of the evening Kody and Haylee dropped by - they always do just to check out all of the food and help eat some of it.
We always have a ton of leftovers.

Lana brought a hostess gift, some wine and she brought olive oil for Jason.
It was in a bag that you could record a message on then when you opened the bag, the message would play.
That was a big hit with Freya and she and Jason kept recording new messages.

The evening was really nice, everyone loved the food and they liked my decorations.
I always think that I'd like to play games at this get together but we really don't have a lot of room for that.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment