Monday 19 December 2022

Pizza Finger Fail (Dec.17, 2022)

I got up early this morning, made myself a coffee then got caught up on some YouTube channels that I watch, mainly the Bates family.

Since I didn't go to Whitecourt last night my plan was to head there this morning to pick up the ingredients I needed to make pizza fingers but when I got up this morning, I didn't really feel like driving all the way there just for a few things so I went and got the ingredients I needed at Super A instead.

Before I headed to the store I had to shovel again.
I like to shovel before driving on it, once you drive over the snow it packs it down and makes it harder to shovel.

I was in the mood for crafting today so I made a couple of signs.
I also got all of mom's presents wrapped.
She wraps all the rest of mine for me which is awesome.

Then I cooked up the meat and got everything ready to go for the pizza fingers.
I put ground beef, pepperoni, bacon, mozzarella and spaghetti sauce in them.

I also made donair meat last night in case I have leftover eggroll wrappers tonight then we'll make some donair fingers too.
I found a new recipe to try out and I really like how the meat turned out.

Everyone came over around 6 and they got to work right away.

Mom and Kody worked on building the egg rolls and I was in charge of cooking them.

The kids were there and they wanted to make crafts so I let them make these tissue paper and contact paper trees that I saw online.
You just cut out the contact paper and tape it to a flat surface sticky side out then let the kids rip up tissue paper and put it on in whichever way they like.
Then when they are done, you put another piece of contact paper over the top of the tissue paper.
They liked the craft ok, it didn't keep them busy for long though.
This was Freya's masterpiece.

Rob had his work Christmas party tonight so he arrived a bit later.

He let mom have a break though and he got busy making the pizza fingers.

I was having a lot of trouble with the pizza fingers breaking open for some reason.
Not on the seams either, just right in the middle and all the toppings would come out.
We thought maybe the oil wasn't hot enough so we turned it up.
I hate cooking with a big pot of hot grease - it makes me so nervous so when Jason got home from work, he took over for me.

And I got the kids going on another craft project - clay ornaments.
I had ordered some air dry clay to do hand print ornaments with Freya but instead of doing that, I gave them each a chunk of clay, got out the cookie cutters and rolling pins and let them go to town.

Hunter putting his all into the rolling.
The kids all rolled out their own clay - even Freya, I was super impressed.

Alivia is so artistic.

She did the polar bear and she took the time to go and add all his fur on - I think he looks great.

This is just some of their handiwork.

I'll let them dry then next time they are over, I'll get out the water colors and let them paint them.

We didn't end up with very many pizza fingers when it was all said and done.
We had to throw a bunch out and it just wasn't working so we gave up on it.

After everyone went home, Jason and I watched Spirited.
I signed up for Apple TV just so I could watch this.
You get a 7 day free trial period then it's 8.99 a month and there doesn't look like much else on there that I would want to watch so I'll likely cancel before I have to pay.

The movie was good - it was a musical which I wasn't expecting.
It had a great original story line to it but I don't think it's something that I would watch over and over every Christmas.


I didn't get on the treadmill today so I need to make that a priority tomorrow.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment