Sunday 4 December 2022

Visit With Nadine and Bubble Explosion (Oct.27, 2022)

I had a super busy morning at work today.

Bonnie and I both took the afternoon off so we could head into the city to visit Nadine and I had a lot of stuff I had to get done before I headed out so I didn't even get a walk in.

I got a text from Krista at the Hardware asking if these were Jason's glove that were left there.
They were.
I let him know so he could go pick them up and asked if he'd take a picture of my shelf while he was down there.

So he sent me this.
Doesn't look like too much has moved.
I think after Monday I'll go take all the Fall and Halloween stuff out of there and try to get working on some Christmas stuff.

It was just afternoon when Bonnie and I hit the road for the city.

Morgan sent a picture of a diaper cake she was working on for her friend's baby shower next week.
She wanted to know how it was looking, I think it looks great.

We stopped in Barrhead for some lunch at Reid's Kitchen.
It's a soup and sandwich place I've always wanted to try because I've heard good things about them but they are only open week days during the day so I've never had a chance to try them until now.
It was really good, they bake their own bread in house and the ingredients were all super fresh.

Kody and Haylee were heading to the city for the night so they dropped Freya off at our place with Jason and the first thing she wanted to do was take a bath.
She just loves it and even more so now that she's discovered the jets.

Jason said he just left for two minutes to get his coffee and came back to this bubble explosion.

Morgan sent me a picture of the finished product and I think it turned out amazing.
She's so craft.

We stopped at Winners on our way to pick up Nadine some casual pants, a top and a sweater then we continued on in to the U of A Hospital.

When I first saw her it was a bit jolting.
Her one eye is almost closed and she looked frail. They also haven't let her shower for a few days so that didn't help. (She is furious over that too I should add).
But once we got to sit down and chat with her it was better.
She's the same feisty Nadine we know and love.

She is wanting to go home but she did just have a stroke and they want to continue to assess her and they want her to go to the Glenrose for therapy so we were trying to convince her it was a good idea.

Hopefully she does go there and get as much help as they'll give her.
They don't keep you in the hospital just because so if they are keeping her there, it's for a reason.

She said she wanted some pizza for supper and we were very close to Sepp's so I ordered a pizza and then walked over there to pick it up.

It was even closer to the hospital than I thought (a 3 minute walk) so I was way early when I got there.
I just walked around a bit to get some steps until it was ready to pick up.

We visited until around 7:30 then we figured we'd better hit the road home.
We promised we'd be back to visit again even though she is determined that she is going home.

Jason sent me this while we were on our way home.
Said Freya had been running around in the nude since her bath which was hours ago.
She also found one of her bottles some where and quickly picked up that habit again.
I only hid them before but ee are going to have to dispose of it once she goes home.

Jason did some bottling today, he cooked up all the cherry tomatoes that he grew and it made 3 large bottles.

It was around 9:30 when I got home.
I was kind of hungry so had some leftover cabbage rolls for supper.

I still needed to get some steps and I should have gotten on the treadmill but I was too tired.

Freya wanted to snuggle a bit then she asked to go to bed and I was tired so off we went.

So missed out on some greens today but that's ok.
Tomorrow is a chance to try again.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment