Tuesday 13 December 2022

We've Done Something We Never Thought We Would - We've Switched to An Artificial Tree (Dec.10, 2022)

 Molly came to visit even at the hotel.

We had to go check it out.
She had a whole selfie station set up for her and her friends.

Zepplyn wanted in on the fun.

I love Stitches' moustache.

We had breakfast at the restaurant in the hotel before we all checked out then we went to Winner's together to get a few things.
Crystal was headed back to Swan Hills right after that as they had a Christmas party to go to in town.
Freya was going to go with them but at the last minute decided to stay with Jason and I.

We hit the dollar store up next - I was looking for Burlap ribbon but couldn't find any.
So we went to Michael's and I found some there - it was more expensive but I needed it so I got it.

We got a huge grocery order then the plan was to get a tree as I still had a work truck so I was able to take it home.
We called around but the pickings for trees was slim to none.

We ended up driving out to a Christmas tree farm but the trees they had were just pathetic.

We went to Home Depot in Sherwood Park and they had lots of trees but they were only about 3-4 feet tall.
I don't know if there was a Christmas tree shortage this year or if we just waited too long to get one but we just couldn't find one so we ended up deciding to buy an artificial one.

I have never had an artificial tree before.
They had a few that we liked but the only had the display ones left so the girls working there had to take it all apart and bag it up for me to take home.

Jason took Freya to the washroom while I was dealing with that and on the way back, she hid on him and he couldn't find her anywhere.
He came and got me to help and we were both frantic.

I was shouting out her name as loud as I could and of course that got everyone's attention but I didn't care.
I was telling people what she was wearing and they made an announcement that she was missing and if she heard this to go to someone wearing an orange apron.

Jason ended up finding her but he was pretty shook up about it and I think it scared her too.
After that she was saying that she missed her Dad and she wanted to go home.

So after he helped pack the tree into the truck, he and Freya headed home.
She wanted to be dropped off right at her house so that's what he did.

I had a couple more stops to make but I wasn't that far behind them.

When we got home, we set up the tree.
It was super easy, just four sections and you just put them together and the lights and everything were all connected.
It is 9.5 feet tall so pretty big.
It is flocked and really pretty.
It was pricey (698 but they took 50 off because it was the display model) but it should last us for years.

I picked myself up a treat today, liver pate.
I love it and usually have it at least once every Christmas.

Jason posted this cute shot he took of Freya at Glow last night.
It was right after she had her cotton candy too so she was on a bit of a sugar high.
She's always trying to do cartwheels every where.

The photographer posted a sneak peek from her Santa session last week.
So cute.

Sounds like a great weekend to me.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment