Sunday 4 December 2022

Colonoscopy Results (Oct.26, 2022)

I was a bit late for work this morning since I had the kids over last night.
They got up for me no problem though and I made everyone omelets for breakfast then headed off to work.
Jason said he would drive them down to school for me so I didn't have to wait around until 8:15am.

I've been looking forward to Jason being on days off so he can cook me up some soup and that's exactly what got started on first thing after he dropped the kids off at school.

He's making quesadilla soup and it looks delicious.

Mom had an appointment in Whitecourt this afternoon to go over the results of her colonoscopy and I asked Jason if he and Freya wanted to come along.
She didn't want to go so Mom and I headed out.

Jason texted and said she'd asked to go to the park so he went to the kitchen to finish up something first and when he looked back in the living room, he saw this...

She was crashed.

She drew herself on a nice moustache first.
Luckily it was with washable marker and not permanent, ha ha.

Mom's appointment went pretty well.
We had to wait for exactly an hour to see the Doctor which is so annoying to me.
But anyway....

They did find that Mom has a hernia which is what causes her stomach trouble but it is not the cause of the anemia.
The only treatment for that is the medication that she already takes for stomach issues so she is just going to continue on with it.

Then they also found ulcers and those they believe are the culprit of the anemia.
However, there is nothing they can do for it.
They also think that she may have Seliac disease so they want to test for it.

If she doesn't - then they are going to try to get her to take an oral iron supplement.
If she does have Seliac, then taking the iron orally won't work as her body wont' be able to absorb it so the Doctor thinks she'll just have to get an iron transfusion every 3 months going forward.

They also did biopsies when they did the colonoscopy and everything came back good, no cancer.

We made a stop at the second hand store so I could drop off some donations and we also did a bit of shopping, I found a few good things.

Then we stopped at Walmart as well so I could get some necessities, like toilet paper and kitty litter.

When I got home, Jason was just getting ready to take Freya out for a walk so I went with them, I needed the steps.

I got Freya a new onesie and as soon as I showed it to her she had to try it on.

The quesadilla soup Jason made was DELICIOUS!
Kody came by to pick up Freya and he had some as well.
 

After they left, I went down to get my 20 minutes done on the treadmill.

I have no idea why but my groin and left thigh are really bothering me again.

I'm actually limping again and back on the Advil.

It's such a bummer, I thought I was ready to get back to running but maybe I started too soon?

Anyway, I got the 20 minutes in on the treadmill and even if I only walked, it still counts, right?

I totally do this!


This is me at every store I go to.
Went to Walmart last night for kitty litter, toilet paper and radishes, left with a cartful and $230.00 less dollars in my bank account 😁

Nadine is still in hospital, she did suffer a stroke and she's also been diagnosed with a disease called Cadasil.
Bonnie and I really want to see her so I think we are going to take the afternoon off tomorrow and head in there for a visit with her.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment