Sunday 4 December 2022

Winter Has Arrived, Much to My Dismay (Nov.1, 2022)

 Woke up to a Winter Wonderland this morning.

I could hardly believe it - it was a bit chilly when I went to bed last night but aside from that, rather nice for Oct.31.

At least it stayed away until after all the trick or treating.

I actually had to clean off my car before I could head to work.
We got a few inches of the white stuff for sure.
I'm so bummed - I wish it would have stayed away longer.

I still got out for my walk to the road and back.
I have to dress a little warmer now.

The highway looks clear but it was pretty slippery so I had to be extra cautious.

The dirt road down to the office could have probably used a plow but at least there was more to grip on so not as slippery.
The sun was out so even though it was cold, it was still a nice walk.

Jason made Canadian Bacon - It turned out awesome.
He is just so talented.

Haylee dropped Freya off to him after she finished school so she was there when I went home for lunch.

He was doing magic tricks for her - she was very enthralled.

Until she noticed that he was copying her actions.

She kept giving him heck for it but he thought it was pretty funny.

Don't copy me Papa.

I had to run Mom up to the hospital so she could get some blood work done.
They were super quick - we were in and out in 10 minutes which was awesome.
I dropped her off at the house then headed back to work.

It was a busy afternoon so I didn't get a chance to go for another walk but I was doing a lot of running around from office to office looking for people to ask questions and also lots of trips to the photocopier so I got quite a few steps in just doing that.

After work I thought I would help Jason getting a few things done out in the yard that I'd hoped to get done before the snow fell.
Now that it's here, we'll likely have it right until spring now so I figured this would be our best chance before more snow came.

Jason had already been out doing some of it and when I got home, his hands were freezing and he wanted to go in for a break so I ended up going down and getting on the treadmill instead.

I wanted to get at least 20 minutes done and I did that plus some.

I ran for a couple minutes but just at a pace of 3.0 (so super slow) then I did an incline workout.
So just bumped up the incline by .5 every minute up to an incline of 10.0 then back down again.

I also did my 10 squats and 10 lunges.
I'm hoping if I work on strengthening my leg/groin/thigh and just slowly work up to running that eventually I'll get back there.

Running out in the ice and snow is treacherous anyway so I'm not going to feel that bad about not being able to run out there in it.

I'm so thankful that I have my treadmill as an option.
My hope is that by the time spring arrives I'll be all healed up and ready to run outside again.

Always feels so good to have a workout done.

Morgan is making a gift for her friend and needed a crate with a little bar for hanging clothes so Jason made this for her.
I think it turned out great.

I ate according to plan and tracked it all and earned my blue dot for today.
So met all my goals for today, that's one day down, 29 to go.

I GOT THIS!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment