Sunday 4 December 2022

Thanksgiving Dinner and Happy Birthday Adrien (Oct.9, 2022)

The whole family was coming over today for Thanksgiving Dinner and Adrien's birthday and I had a lot I wanted to get done so I got up when Jason left for work and got started.

Jason had already cooked the ham for me so that part was done, I just had to do all the rest.

I decided to skip the turkey and do meatloaf instead because it's Adrien's favorite - I figure I'll pick up a turkey in a week or two and get Jason to cook it up because I do love me some turkey.

I got Adrien's birthday cake into the oven first thing.

I made a Banana Sour Cream cake.

It's a Kraft recipe that we've been making for years, it's a family favorite for sure.

While it was cooking, I got the meatloaf ready so when the cake came out, the meatloaf went in. 

After I got the meatloaf in the oven, I sat and had a coffee and saw Crystal posted this from the girls sleepover last night.

I had lots of house cleaning to do so that's what I got started on next.
I dusted, vacuumed, put things away, mopped - you know, all the fun stuff.

I also got my witches and cauldron set up out in the yard.
I think they turned out pretty good.

I got my chicken wire ghost hung up in the tree.

I also got Sam and Sammy put out.

I found a new home for Jason's faun, just until he's ready to go outdoors too.

Once I got the bulk of the cleaning done, my next project was to get these pumpkins finished off so I could take them down to the Hardware on Tuesday.
Thanksgiving will be over by then but it's still Fall right?

I had everything ready to go by 4 pm  - I put the potatoes on then I was going to hop on the treadmill and get my 20 minutes done then I had a couple of extra last minute guests.

I wasn't sure if I had enough potatoes and carrots so Mom and I popped down to the store to get some more and a couple extra desserts since I wasn't sure how far the banana cake would go.

When we got back to the house, Kody, Haylee, Freya and Zepplyn were there so Kody and Haylee helped me peel the potatoes and carrots to get them on the stove.

Everyone else started arriving at 5 pm and the extra last minute guests didn't end up coming and I had lots of food at this point so Kody invited Randy and Crystal to come and join us.

Trying to get a picture of everyone - kind of lopped off the top of Alivia's head there.

My sweetie pie.

Crystal and Randy were able to make it so that was nice.

The more the merrier.
I just wish I had a bigger place for things like this so everyone could eat together.

Right now we all have to take turns at the table or find another place to sit and eat.
Mel and Hunter opted for the living room.

So did Zepplyn.

Ha ha - making sure she's in the picture.
She was blocking Haylee so I tried again.

Kind of got Haylee in the picture a bit there.

There's Alivia - she chopped her hair and it's super curly, even curlier than before.

Adrien with his cake.
It's his favorite and there were only a couple slices left (everyone loves it) and he took those two slices home with him.
I'm glad he did or else I would have likely eaten them.

It was nice to have everyone over.
I was thinking Freya might spend the night but she Hunter and Zepplyn ended up going to her place for a sleepover.
The kids will enjoy that!

By the time Jason got home from work, everyone was already gone home and I had the place just about cleaned back up.
He helped me finish up the dishes then I went down to get my 20 minutes in on the treadmill.

I just did some walking on the incline - I do think I might be ready to give running a go though, maybe tomorrow.

Worked up a bit of a sweat - that always feels good.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment