Sunday 4 December 2022

Too Cold To Shovel (Nov.30, 2022)

Freya spent the night last night and I was kind of worried that she might wake up this morning before we left for work and get upset that we were leaving.

I always feel bad leaving her when she's in a state like that.

Luckily this morning, she didn't wake up.

I just got Mom to get in bed with her when we left and all was good.

 

When I got home at lunch time, she was having a really healthy snack  - bbq chips and Nutella straight out of the bottle.

She hasn't been eating much so it's a good sign.

She thought her combination was pretty spot on.

While I was home for lunch, I whipped a coat of white paint onto the deer so it could have the afternoon to dry.
Jason plans on sanding it down and mounting it to the backboard when he gets home tonight.
I can't wait to see it all done.

I was worried again that Freya might be upset when I had to go back to work for the afternoon.
She didn't want me to go and said she just wanted me to take her to the ice cream store (Newcastle) so I told her I would, she could pick out a treat then I'd have to drop her back off to Nanny and she was cool with that.

The afternoon seemed to go by quickly.

I put the greenery up along the windows in the office this morning and the lights on one set weren't working so I stopped at the hardware on my way back this afternoon, got a new set and got them put up.

It is looking very festive in here.

We had gotten some snow over the weekend, not a whole lot but enough that the driveway and sidewalk needed a shovel.
I planned on doing it after work but I only got the walkway and a bit of the driveway done and I had to go in.
It was freezing out there today, -21C.
I had planned on warming up for a bit then heading back out but Freya was there and she wanted me to sit with her so I did.

She is still not feeling 100% - geez, I wonder how long this illness is going to last.

She was feeling up to doing a few handstands for us though.
She's got the stance DOWN!

More handstands.

That became a bit tiring for her so we moved on to Tik Tok.

She loves seeing the ones Zepplyn has done then doing them too.
She picked this 'stubbing your toe' one.
Her timing is a little off but she's super cute so who cares?

Next up was this drawing one, she just loves it.

She loves it so much that she had to do it again.

Then I also made one, my Tik Tok debut.
I know, I know, I'm a pro already 😂

Kody had called after he got home from work to say he was having a shower then he was coming to get her and she was pretty upset, crying, saying she didn't want to go home.

But when he walked into the house, she was pretty happy to see him and she went home happily.
Haylee said Service Canada wouldn't accept the picture they had for Freya so her passport application is still not sent in.
She's going to take her to Barrhead tomorrow to get a picture then send it all in the mail.

After they went home, I got to work on some crafting.
I got a bunch of ornaments completed.

I making a full set of everyone just for me.
Then I'm making a set for them too (just of their household, not everyone).
I decided to make ones of Dad and Dee too so I need to look for pictures of them and a couple of the pictures were a bit too small so I'm going to blow them up a bit and print them off again.

It feels good to have made some progress though.
Tomorrow night I should be able to add the pom pom noses, hangers and dates to all of these.

Jason got the deer mounted - it looks great.

I made this for my sister - it came out nice and clear.

I also painted these stakes red and Jason is going to make a frame for the sign out of them.
Looking at them, I think they could use another coat of paint.

I made this little sign too from a window cling.
I like how it turned out.

Jason got Mr. Deer all done.
I think he looks great.
He just has to let the glue dry then we should be able to put him up tomorrow night.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment