Sunday 4 December 2022

Enjoying the Last Days of Summer (Sept.11, 2022)

 It's bbq day for Jason at work and he made a coconut tres leches cake.

He sent me a picture of the piece he taste tested.
He said it was delicious and I believe him - I told him not to bring any home because I know I wouldn't be able to resist.

We watched a YouTube video last night from Wicked Makers and they made a giant spider using these covers that kind of look like pool noodles and that made me want to make one.
Jason found these scraps laying around in the field today, how fortuitous.
Guess it was meant to be!

I made myself a colorful and delicious breakfast/brunch.
No points either - my 0 point foods on WW are eggs and chicken so perfect!

I decided to get working on doing some cleaning and organizing in my craft room and this time I remembered to take some before pictures.

There is so much junk every where - it's kind of been my catchall place lately - it will be so nice to get it cleaned up so I can actually do some crafting in there.

My shelf needs cleaned up and organized too.

This is just a bunch of random stuff that I've been shoving here until I could get to it later and this is later.

This shelf is not too bad but it does need some organizing too.

I got some of it done but no 'after' pictures yet because Kody & Haylee asked if I could watch Freya for a bit and they came and dropped her off to me.

I didn't realize it was such a gorgeous day out there so we got out the bike trailer and we went for a walk down to the park.

First thing she wanted to do was show me how she can do the monkey bars on her own.
She killed it!

She wanted to go to the store for a treat and she picked an ice cream sandwich.

A little friend of hers and her sister had come to the park just before we left so she wanted to get them each an ice cream sandwich too (so we did).

She ate it in layers.
First she ate the top cookie part, then the ice cream (which she ate with her fingers), then the last cookie part.

We spent a couple of hours at the park then we went back to the house.

I broke off part of my tooth while we were in Iceland and it wasn't bothering me at all until today so I wanted to go back to the house to take some advil.

My limp is getting much better so that's good news!

She was so excited when Jason got home.

She had to change (she picked out her own outfit) then Jason was having cereal with peanut butter and she wanted some too.

Not the cereal, just a spoonful of peanut butter.

Peanut butter is pretty good!

She hung out for an hour or so after Jason got home then I needed a few more steps to reach my 13,000 so we walked her home.

I finished up this little project I was working on.

When Freya first came over, I was folding laundry and she got out a sharpie and marked all over this.
She said 'look Grandma, I helped you'.

Ha ha - how could I get mad when she figured she was doing something good.
I just sanded it off and repainted it and now you can't even tell.

I think it turned out pretty good - I may make a few more with different combinations, like 2 people and a dog, 3 people and no dog.

I looked for wooden cat cut outs too but so far haven't had any luck finding any.

Day two of getting my 13,000 steps in was a success.
I'm feeling ok too - it didn't make anything worse so I'm going to continue on doing it every day.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment