Sunday 4 December 2022

The Autumn of My Dreams and New Job (Sept.27, 2022)

 We are just having the best weather lately and I'm loving it.


I got out for my walk and went all the way to the turn off to town again just because it was so nice.

The other nice thing about the nice weather is that the leaves are staying on the trees longer so we get to enjoy the nice colors, even though we don't get as many varieties as they do back east, it's still pretty.

I stopped at the Hardware on my lunch hour to add a few things to my 'booth'.
I had planned on taking a picture but of course forgot.
She said it did really well on Friday and it sold lots.

I rode my bike back down to work after lunch.
Got out for another walk in the afternoon, this time just to the road.

Kody came down to the office today so I could help him do up a resume.
He recently got his class 1 driver's license and his crane hoist operator apprenticeship so he wants to get a job doing that (currently he swamps for my brother) but he's nervous about leaving where he's at and nervous about going to a new place.

We had a nice long chat, it was good.

Then after work, instead of going right home, I went for a bit of a bike ride around town.

Shennelle and I are heading to St Albert office tomorrow for an admin meeting and to do our annual performance reviews and we are taking a work truck.

The plan was to pick the truck up at the office tonight so I could just leave directly from my place in the morning, pick up Shennelle and head straight to the city.

I was going to get Jason to take me down to pick up the truck when he got home but instead I decided to try running down there.

I got my gear on and headed down.
I'm still really limping but I do feel improvement.
I ran a little, like maybe a minute, then walked for a bit then tried running again for just 30 seconds or so then stopped and did that a couple more times.
It wasn't a full on run but it was a start. 

When I got back home from picking up the truck, I had right around 11,000 steps so I decided to go down and hop on the treadmill right away to get the rest of the steps that I needed.

I tried fitting in a few running intervals, at a very slow pace, 3.0, and I was able to do a few so I was happy about that.
I REALLY want to get running again.

It was totally like summer out there today.
Haylee posted this cute picture of Freya with a little friend.

Kody dropped by in the evening to borrow something and he said that after he left my office this afternoon and went back and forth a couple times about dropping off his resume and in the end stopped by a trucking company that he used to work for and they hired him on the spot.

He'll get medical benefits right from the get go, they'll give him a bit of training before he starts and he got a pretty good raise so he was pretty stoked and I was happy for him.

Jason worked on his faun some more this evening - he's spending a lot of time on it and it is looking awesome!

Happy to see all green on here, it's been awhile!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment