Sunday 4 December 2022

Finding An Old Friend (Oct.28, 2022)

Freya spent the night last night because Kody and Haylee spent the night in the city so they could head over to Canada Place to get their passports done this morning.

Jason sent me this picture first thing this morning.

He said they were about to do some experiments - no big deal.

In other words, things were about to get really messy.

After experiments, they had a snack.
Professor Snuggles wanted to see what they were having.

Dessert was a cupcake with a candle so she could blow it out.

They needed to put her eye color on the application and she has an unusual color, Kody thought blue, I thought green or hazel so I asked Jason and he sent these.
He agreed that they were more green or hazel.

In other news, she found one of her old bubba's.
OMG.
She won't put it down - it's like she discovered an old friend and she's right back at it.
As soon as she goes home I'm going to have to trash it.

By the afternoon, she was tuckered out.

She fell asleep on Jason's lap and he just sat there with her for 3 hours like this.
She was still asleep on his lap when I got home from work.
He said he liked just being there with her, she's growing up so fast and he doesn't want to miss a moment of it.
I think she felt really safe there too and she loved it just as much as he did.

Bonnie and I made a quick trip to Westlock today to check out the Country Farmhouse store that we like.
It is going out of business and they put out all of their Christmas stuff today.
Amazingly, neither of us bought a thing.
It was not the best sale and then there wasn't really anything that I just had to have.

On the way down and on the way back, we were texting back and forth with Karl, Nadine and her friend Becky.
Turns out Nadine may be coming home today and her friend Becky didn't think it was the best idea.

Bonnie and I just want to support Nadine and Karl no matter what they decide to do.

Kody dropped by after I got home from work to pick up Freya but she wanted to spend another night so we let her.

Turns out they passport place was too busy and they didn't have time to wait in line because Haylee had to work tonight so they'll have to make another trip in there to get them done.
They are super behind and super busy right now and it's been this way for a few months.
I'm not sure what the issue is but they don't seem to be catching up at all either.

I needed some steps so we decided to go for a walk down to the store in the evening.
It was dark out and Freya thought it was neat to be out in the dark going for a walk.

Haylee was working at the bar and we walked by and Freya saw her car so she insisted on stopping so she could give Mom a hug.
I went in and got her and she came out to see Freya for a minute.
Kody happened to be there so he came out too.

Just after we got back to the house, Karl showed up with some leftover pizza for us.
They liked Sepps so much they ordered another one today.
Turns out they did release Nadine from the hospital late in the day today so they brought us the leftovers which was super nice of them!

Nadine didn't come in, she was too tired and anxious to get home so I told Karl once they got settle we'd drop over for a visit.

Alivia got all dressed up for her dance class this week.
She's Sally in this one.

Then in this one she is a sloth (her very favorite animal).

I didn't get all my steps in today and I also didn't get on the treadmill.
I don't even feel that bad about it.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment