Sunday 4 December 2022

Picture Day and Science Experiment Gone Wrong (Sept.15, 2022)

Today was picture day and although I did Freya's hair last night before she went to bed, I popped back up there this morning to check on it.

I wanted to put it in little buns but she wanted to leave the braids as they were so that's what we did.

Took a couple of pictures of her with the flowers before we dropped her off at school.

I went back to the office and Jason got to work on his latest Halloween creation.
He's making the faun from Pan's Labyrinth.
I think it's looking pretty good.

I had a meeting in Slave Lake this afternoon and I did start out heading there but about 10k in I decided that I didn't feel like driving there and back today.

It's over an hour away and I was already to WCT and back twice this week which is an hour drive so I decided to just dial in to the Webex instead.

I called Jason to see what he and Freya were up to and turns out Kody had gotten off work early so he picked her up from school.

So I went and picked Jason up and we went to Subway for lunch before I went back to the office for my meeting.

Kody ended up getting called back out to work for 1 pm so Jason walked over to pick up Freya and he said she was out like a light almost immediately after she got into the bike trailer.

He went to the store and got a few things then went home.

She woke up just as they got home and was wondering where they were and why they weren't at the store.
She didn't believe him when he told her they'd already been to the store and insisted they go back.
Ha ha.

So of course being the doting Papa that he is, he took her back.

She got an ice cream and they hung out at her favorite spot in the cafe next to the Hardware store.

I took a picture of my shopping list for when we go to the city this weekend in case I forget to bring it (which I often do).

And here's the beginning of my to do list for little projects I want to get completed around the house.
I haven't done anything the past couple days but I am going to get back to it - It always makes me feel so good to get these little things accomplished.

When I got home from work, Jason and Freya weren't there so I called him and he said they were just walking up the street from their afternoon adventures so I walked and met them.
She picked out a new toy at the Hardware and was pretty excited about it.

She's a lady of few words.

She wanted to get into it right away as soon as we walked in the door.

It started out as making slime but went sideways pretty quickly.

It didn't exactly go as planned and after she messed around a bit, it was straight in the tub for her.

The Science Experiment kit was disappointing, a rip off really.

All it had in it was 2 little containers of food coloring, a red and a green.
Then three little packets, one had yeast, one had sugar and the last one had agar agar.
The it had about 5 little petri dishes, 1 balloon and a tiny magnifying glass.

Definitely not worth the $25.00 it cost.

I was worried that her hands were going to be red for a few days but Jason tried baking soda on them and it took all the color right out.

Amazing.

Kody came and picked her up not much later.

Then Jason worked on his faun a bit more.
I did a bit of crafting - got a few more 'family' groups gluing together.

I didn't get all my steps in and I didn't work on any little projects.

When I was running every day, getting my steps in was easy.

I forgotten how much work getting the 13,000 steps in is, it takes thought throughout the day and taking all the little extra steps that I can.

I went over my points today - I kind of went overboard with the boom chicka pop while we were watching tv in the evening.

I know I'll see it on the scale tomorrow (I've been weighing myself every day) but it's not the end of the world.

I still feel like I'm on track.

My weight loss goal currently is just to get back out of the 200's then after that, it will be to get back into the 180's.

It's a work in progress for sure but I'm not giving up.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment