Sunday 4 December 2022

Halloween Decor Touch Ups and More Crafting (Oct.30, 2022)

 We all woke up early and Jason headed out for a run right away.

I wanted to get some steps in myself so I convinced the kids to go for a walk to the park.

It was a little chilly out but not bad.

Hunter didn't want a hat but I took one just in case.
Good thing I did because it wasn't long before he was asking to put it on.

My little Miss.
She fell on the way down and ripped the knee on her pants, cut her leg a little.
So we had a little bit of a melt down but a treat at the store took care of that.

The kids played and I did laps around the park until Jason finished his run and came and met us then we all walked home together.

The weather warmed up in the afternoon which was nice because we were able to get out and finish up some of our Halloween decorating.

Jason went in and put a mask out and snuck (is that a word?) back out to scare the kids 

But they knew it was him right away and weren't scared at all.

I just love this pumpkin guy Jason made last year, it looks so awesome.
Being up on that cross really adds to the whole look/feel of it.

The little PennyWise he made turned out pretty awesome too.

I added a third witch to my coven.
The look ok.
I think next year I might bulk them up a bit so you can't see the tomato cages when the wind blows and I'm also going to grunge up my cauldron and add chains so I can hang it from a tripod.

We got these zombie ground breakers I put in.
They are kind of cheap plastic so I might try to beef them up next year.
The baby zombie to the right has super long arms for some reason too, doesn't look right so I'll fix that as well but for this year it's good.

The faun looks awesome.

We got the spotlights I ordered from Amazon put out and we guessed on the position but may have to fix that later when it gets dark and we can see for sure where they are pointing.

Picture with Cleavus.
Jason is always moving him around the yard.
Today he had him sitting on the stairs.

Hunter trying on the creepy mask.

After we got the decorating done, we went inside and I had a bath while Jason played with the kiddos.
I brought a new book in there with me to start but didn't even end up picking it up, I just relaxed.

Hunter asked if I could take him home a little later in the afternoon and Freya was just devastated.
She wanted to go with him and Mel said it was ok so I dropped the kids off there and told Mel to call me when Freya was ready to come back.
Turned out Kody got  home before that happened anyway so she just went home with him.

So I was able to get into my craft room and test out the new stamp set I picked up in the city.
I got the IOD (Iron Orchid Design) Farm Hand Font stamp set and I just love it.
(I love all of the IOD stuff).
I had this little Christmas tree stamp already.

I made this sign using the reverse transfer method.
It looks really old and chippy but I like that look.

This I did with the reverse transfer method as well.
 A bit of the loopy line came right off so I just added a heart to cover it up then I added another because I like how it looked.

Then I made a couple of JOY signs.

These were easy and fun to make and I may make a few more, maybe with different words.

I tried my hand at making a banner too.
I am not totally loving how this turned out but I think I'm going to try again.

I think I'll pick up a painting drop cloth from the dollar store to do it though, the stamps should show up much better on a lighter material.
Plus I think I'll actually sew it instead of gluing it like I did this one.
May make it a bit shorter too.

That being said, this one isn't horrible, I just know I can improve.

I plan on taking all my Halloween and Autumn stuff home from my booth at the Hardware after Halloween and I'd like to have a few things ready to replace it when I do.

While I was working on crafting, Jason carved 6 more pumpkins.
He's a rock star pumpkin carver!

So my eating this week started out pretty good.
Until we got to Thursday and went in to the city.
I had pizza and I didn't track.
Then Friday we went to Westlock and I had McDonalds.
Not super bad but I didn't track again in fact I didn't track anything for the rest of the week.
Saturday I ate some leftovers and Jason made brownies and I had a piece.

Then today I completely went off the rails.
I had lots of treats, no tracking, didn't get all my steps in, no treadmill.
Just completed off track.
So I know tomorrow's weigh in is not going to be good.

I don't know why I can't seem to stick to it for more than a few days?


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment