Sunday 4 December 2022

Swimming, Edmonton Entertainment Expo and Calle Mexico (Sept.17, 2022)

 We were up early and down to the pool by 9 am and we had it all to ourselves.

We started off in the hot tub then kept going back and forth between the hot tub and the pool.

She tried out this new swim vest for the first time and she liked it.
It was much easier to get on and off than the full body one.

After we left the hotel, she was asking to go back to the Spirit Halloween store - she loved it.

We had planned on going over to the Edmonton Entertainment Expo today though so that's where we went.

There were so many cool costumes everywhere.
It's amazing the effort folks go to for this.

Saw this cool costume right off the bat when we walked in the building, I mean, it would have been pretty hard to miss.

I asked if we could take his picture and he was happy to.

Another cool costume.
There was a little phone screen in the front where you could see the guy that was inside that was really neat.

Chewbacca - the only picture I was able to get was him walking away.
There was a huge line up of people waiting to take their picture with him.

Freya loved the pink guy.
This wasn't actually a costume, I think it might have been a 3d printing, not sure.

This lady had the most amazing Sally costume - it was more like a puppet but it was attached to her (she's in the back, you can't see her.
She was impressed that Freya knew who Sally was.

Freya saw Harley Quinn in the lobby and wanted to say Hi to her.

So many awesome costumes everywhere - I wish we'd dressed Freya up - maybe next year.

More costumes.

Lots of cool merchandise too - it was hard to look at with Freya though, she wasn't really interested.

She did pick out a little stuffed puppy that we bought for her.

I loved what this guy had done on his arm.

More costumes.

So many people.

Oh look, Beetlejuice!

These two at the end of the table had probably the creepiest costumes I saw all day.
I wish I could have gotten closer and asked for a better picture but there was too much of a crowd and Freya was ready to leave at that point.

Saw this girl on the way out.
Very creative costume.

Another cool costume on the way into the expo as we were leaving.

Ha ha - I like the simplicity of this costume.
Jason told me who it was supposed to be but I forget.

We saw Sonic on our way to the car and Freya wanted to say Hi to him too.

We saw lots of anime costumes too - I don't know anything about it but I think that might have been Sailor Moon.

After the Expo, we went to Calle Mexico for lunch/supper.
We ordered the nachos - yummy.

I got the chicken tacos.

Freya squeezed the lime on them for me.
They were so juicy and delicious.

Jason had ordered quesadilla soup for her which she didn't like.
I tried it and it had a strong clove taste so I get why she didn't like it but I loved it.

Jason's dish - I tried a bite of it - it was good.

Freya didn't really eat anything until the Tres Leches cake came out then she gave that a try.

She really liked it.
I had a couple bites and it was excellent.

She was out like a light as soon as we got in the car.

We did have to make a couple more stops.

I had a list of things I needed from Dollar store and Walmart but I didn't have much luck finding the things I was looking for.

We stopped at Superstore for a few groceries too before heading home.

Freya had gotten some slime at Walmart and against my better judgement, I let her play with it in the car.
Mainly to keep her occupied because she was really bored and 3 hours in a car for a little one is a long time.
That was a big mistake,

We had to pull over on the highway and clean up a huge slime spill in the back seat - what a mess.

That added about 20 minutes onto our trip so it was around 10 pm when we finally pulled into town.

Kody was going to come pick Freya up but she wanted to spend another night so we just let her.

After we got everything put away, I was sitting on the couch eating a granola bar and I felt something hard in it and guess what it was....
my tooth again.
The temporary pieced he put in to cover the root canal had broken off.
Bummer!

So close!
I didn't even notice that, if I had, I would have walked around the house and gotten the last few steps I needed to reach the 13,000 mark.
Oops.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment