Sunday 4 December 2022

Soaking up the Last of the Summer Sun (Sept.22, 2022)

It was quite a nice day out there today, called for a high of 19 but it actually got up to 23-24.

My shadow out for a walk.

The sun was shining away as brightly as it could.
Makes me so happy.
I walked all the way to the turn off to town before heading back to the office.

The leaves are looking pretty - I hope they stay on the trees for as long as possible.

Our planters are looking really good.

We decided to have a bbq for lunch at the office today.
So Shennelle picked up burgers and some sides and things and Blair did the bbq'ing.

Lunch is served.

I wanted to visit with everyone but I didn't want to have a burger (too many points) so ran to Subway and picked up a sub for myself.
It was a new guy that made it, I've never seen him before, and he was very generous with the toppings!

I got a footlong so that way I'll be able to have the other half for supper.
I had a coupon to get a second one for $2 bucks so I got one for Jason too.

Blair, Murray, Jamie and John.

Shennelle and I.

Bonnie.

Calvin and Blair the chef for today.

John, Jamie and Murray.

I love when we have these lunches and the guys get telling stories of the old times or we reminisce about things that have happened since I've been there.
We used to have a lot of fun and I'm lucky to work with a bunch of people that I really enjoy.

It was just gorgeous out so after work I decided to go for a walk and soak up some of that sun.
I walked for about an hour.

I could feel it in my left leg for sure.

I was trying to pay attention to where the pain is and realized it's not actually right in my groin.
It's goes more from my knee up to my mid thigh.

I so want it to get better.
I really want to get back to running.

Mom wanted me to pick her up some cream cheese and straws of all things next time I went to the store so I decided to hop on my bike and head down there.

I picked up the stuff mom wanted and went for a bit of a ride too.

I'm going to try to get out every day for practice.
I'm getting better at the hills but they are still tough.

Miss Freya started dance class today.
The group here in town wasn't doing lessons for her age group so Haylee had to sign her up in Barrhead and take her there.

Another little friend of hers from town was there too so that was good.
She'll know someone there.

Haylee said she just loved it.
I'm already looking forward to her first dance recital!

My sister got a bunch of my Dad's clothes and she was going to have them made into bears but I think this is a great idea too.

Made it over the 10,000 mark - not quite to 13,000 yet but I'll get there.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment