Sunday 4 December 2022

Christmas Decorating is Complete (Nov.13, 2022)

I woke up early, again.

Made a coffee and watched an episode of The Holiday Baking Championship.

It's my favorite of all the cooking competition shows.

I kind of spent the day finishing up with the decorating, packing up the stuff I wasn't using and putting it all back down in the basement.

So here are some pictures of my weekends work.

Our stockings Mom made us when we were kids.

The kitchen.

The bathroom.
I picked up the two pictures on the left at a yard sale this summer and my plan was to just paint over the canvas but I kind of liked them so I kept them.

I got a new Christmas shower curtain.

I have snowmen and penguin shower curtain hooks but they didn't seem to go so I ordered a new set.

I wanted just plain round red ones but couldn't find any so instead I got round red ones with little white deer on them.
I think that will work.
They should be here next week.

I tried to find a new toilet seat cover too.
We got a new toilet seat and it's oval so it doesn't fit the Christmas set that I've used for years now.
So I put that in my room and tried to find a new set online but had no luck.
I'll have a look in the city next time I'm in there but if I don't get one, that's not the end of the world either.

Now onto the living room.
I have pictures of the kids with Santa over the years and I love them but I'm running out of room.
I put the sleigh ornaments we made last year on the wall as well instead of hanging them on the tree cause I love them so much.

Another angle of the living room.

And another.
I put this berry wreath up in front of the curtains this year and it looks so good against the creamy colored curtains.

I wasn't going to put out all my singing toys this year just because I wanted to keep the floor clear but the kids love them so much that I just had to put them out for them.
Freya helped me with that yesterday.

My kitchen.
I got my Christmas curtains up and all the wreaths on the doors.
As you can see - I love wreaths.
I have a lot of them.

The Dining room - more Santa pictures in there.

I'm not crazy about the curtains - I think I may search for a creamy colored set for after Christmas but they'll do for now.
I was thinking about hanging snowflakes all over the ceiling in my hallway so I left that out but now I think I'm not going to do that.

Since I got all my decorating done, I was able to spend some time working on some crafty stuff.
I got my little snowman done.
Added his earmuffs and a little heart.
He looks like he's missing something but I'm not sure what?
Maybe a scarf?

I had this little church out that I made a few years back and I decided to add a wreath to make it look a little Christmas-ie.
I love it.
I told Jason how happy I was with it and he went out and whipped me up a few more so I got a base coat of paint on those.

I've had this wood that used to be a shelf and I decided to make it into a sign for my house.
I was watching a YouTuber I like, Unicorn Dust Designs, and she made a sign with this saying on it and I just thought it was great.
I tried to find an svg file to download or buy but couldn't find one so just created my own and I'm very happy with it.

I think I might put it on a smaller sign for a wreath that I have that needs finishing.

Jason also cut out a couple of cutting boards for me so I got those base coated too.
Now I just need to think of an idea of what to put on them.
I was going to put my chocolate chip recipe but I don't think they are big enough for that.

We had planned on watching Elvis tonight but Jason brought in a bunch of stakes for me to paint, he's going to make me some trees out of them.
It was after 9 when I finished so too late to start a movie.
Instead I just watched the end of a show Jason was watching, Godless.
It was pretty good actually.

I saw this fanny pack on Instagram and thought it was pretty funny.

Ha ha.

So, I didn't reach not one of my goals today.

I've been weighing myself every day and I was 200 on Tuesday - so close to Onederland, I was thrilled.
But then every day after that I was up a little, then a little more, then a little more.

You know the drill.

And I was doing everything I needed to, tracking, staying within my points, getting my steps in and going on the treadmill.

Anyway, I was feeling really discouraged and had a little pity party day for myself today and just didn't want to do anything.

I didn't go on a crazy food binge or anything - I just didn't track, didn't get on the treadmill, didn't do any exercising.

I'm expecting tomorrow's weigh in to not be good but there isn't much I can do about that at this point.
I'll get back at it tomorrow with my November goals and I'm going to stop weighing in every day - I don't think it's good for my state of mind.

It is just a number after all!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment