Sunday 4 December 2022

A Trip Down Memory Lane (Nov.5, 2022)

 I was up early and on the treadmill by 6:30 am.

I just did the 20 minutes I needed and I only walked.

I love getting it done early and having it out of the way for the day!

I was getting ready to head out when Bonnie called to see if I still wanted to go.

We were getting a lot of snow and the forecast was calling for more throughout the day plus it was very windy so it was drifting and I really did not feel like driving 2 hours to the city in it then 2 hours back home so we decided not to go.

Kody and Haylee were both working this morning and had planned on dropping Freya off to Mom around 8 (just after I was supposed to leave)  but now that we decided not to go, I get to spend the day with her!

Mom came up but I told her to just go back to bed so she did.

We sat and snuggled on the couch for a bit.

And OH NO - we discovered Tik Tok!

Tik Tok fun.
I think we could have sat and made videos all day.
She called this the mouth one.

She really liked the song in this one and knew just what she wanted to do.

And of course she had to do a spooky one.

Me and my girl.
I convinced her to change into a long sleeve top because it was chilly today!

 I decided to go through a bin of stuff I had brought in from the garage.

It was momento stuff of mine and a lot of Kody's school stuff.
I have a hard time letting things go that mean something to me but I figured it was time.

So I decided to take pictures of some of the stuff just for memory sake before I chucked it out.
This poster was a Valentine's Day gift from a 'boyfriend' that I had back in grade 5 or 6, Scott Carter.

This is what he wrote on the back.
Ahh, young love!
We were just kids but still, it was sweet.

I was a big Wendel Clark fan when I was young, I thought he was so cute.
I had this poster on my wall.

I was also a big Marilyn Monroe fan so had all kinds of her pictures on my wall.

I collected postcards with her on them too.

I had them in a pile to get rid of and Freya was collecting them, she said she was keeping all the pictures of the girl.

I found all these K's we made one time for decorations at a dance we had when I worked at Kmart.

What a lot of work.

I also had lots of pictures of Elvis but by this time, I didn't feel like taking pictures of everything anymore, I was just trying to let things go.

Freya said she didn't want the pictures of the boy (Elvis) just the girl pictures.
Ha ha.

I got rid of a lot of Kody's stuff too, I did keep a lot of the art work he did and some school work.
I noticed that he loved to doodle all over his scribbler covers and so I kept a lot of that too.
I was going to put it in a scrapbook for him today but didn't really have the kind of book I wanted to use so next time I go to the city, I'll pick something up and then do it.

I was glad that I was able to get through it all - it was a good project to work on with Freya being there.

I kind of watched a movie while I was working on it too, Love at the Christmas Table.
I'm not sure if it's the snowy weather or what but I've been in a Christmassy kind of mood lately.

Then for some reason, I decided that I wanted to change the furniture in the living room around.
I want to decorate for Christmas soon but I want to get everything cleaned up and rearranged first.

Freya 'helping'.
She colored while Mom and I cleared out the room to get ready to move things.

Hayley came and picked her up after she finished work - she didn't really want to go until she heard that Zepplyn was going to be there then she was ok with it.
She had been asking all day for Hunter to come over but he went out with Rob in the plow.

We got so much snow today.
I did think of going out and shoveling the driveway but it was just coming down and blowing everywhere I figured there was no sense. I might as well just wait until it stops snowing.
I did have to shovel a path to get to the garage and that was miserable enough.

I then got to moving and cleaning.
When I move things around, it's a great chance to clean under things like the couch and the carpet.
Mom helped me too which was awesome.

We tried several different furniture arrangement options but there are only so many ways I can set things up in my living room.

This is what we finally settled on.

I love changing things around, it makes it feel new plus everything gets a good cleaning too.

I also replaced the curtains in the dining room.
I had this set I'd gotten on clearance so I put them up in here.

Then I moved the ones that had been in here to the living room after I washed them.
I had the same ones in the living room but I needed more to make it look fuller in there.

The kitties enjoying the new living room set up.

Haylee posted this cute picture of Freya.

I like this saying, think I'm going to make a sign with this on it.
Saw it on Unicorn Dust Designs so looked it up so I wouldn't forget.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment