Sunday 4 December 2022

Molly's Back and Car Troubles (Dec.1, 2022)

It's December 1st, you know what that means.... 

Molly the Elf on the Shelf has arrived back at the Profit household.
Crystal is so creative and I love seeing what she comes up with each day in December.

I hopped on the treadmill at lunchtime to get my 1 mile run done for the day.

I ran at a speed of 4.0 and nothing was hurting - yay.
I did a bit more than 1 mile but this does include my warm up and cool down too.

I had plans on stopping by the store on my way home from work to get a few ingredients for a cake and surprise dip I'm going to make for our FCSS potluck get together tomorrow night.
I also thought I'd work a bit more on shoveling, it's still super cold out there (-24C) but I thought I could at least get a bit done.

My plans changed however when Kody called me later in the afternoon.
He, Haylee and Freya were in Barrhead for her dance class and his car broke down.
He asked if I could come pick them up so I was off to Barrhead.

I did go to the grocery store when I got there to get the ingredients that I needed.
I should have looked at my list that I had with me right in my pocket though, I'm making banana sour cream cake and I forgot to pick up the most important ingredient, bananas.

I picked the kids up from Haylee's Grandmothers place and headed back home.
Luckily it didn't snow or anything - winter driving can be very stressful around here.

Freya was wanting to come over but Haylee convinced her to go for a visit with Crystal and Zepp instead.
Kody is pretty upset about his car, I don't blame him.
He doesn't know what's wrong - fortunately, he broke down right outside of a mechanics shop.
They are going to have a look at it for him but they aren't sure if they'll have a chance to get to it tomorrow or not.
I pray it isn't anything to serious or expensive - parts are really hard to get right now.

When we got back to town, I stopped at the store and picked up bananas, then I dropped the kids off.

When I got home, I got to work right away on the banana sour cream cake and got that in the oven.

I printed off pics of Dad and Dee today so I got those glued onto ornaments.

The ones I'd done last night were all dried so I added the noses.
Some of the faces area a bit small so the noses kind of cover the faces but you get the idea.

Some of the wood slices kind of cracked into the pictures - I'm not sure why they did that?
I was kind of bummed but Jason said it just adds to the rustic charm of them and that made me feel better.
I think he's right.

I was thinking about it and I think I might cut little antlers out of card stock or crafting foam on the Cricut and give everyone little antlers.

Bonnie picked this tree up for me yesterday while she was in the city.
I really like how the lights twinkle on it.

I had a hard time figuring out where to put it but finally settled on here.

I may get a second one and put them outside next year, we'll see.
They are 100 bucks each so that's kind of pricey.

When Jason got home he put Mr. Deer up.
We had a really hard time trying to find a place to put him.
He's fairly heavy so he needs to be on a stud but all the places we wanted to put him didn't have studs in the right places.
So he just screwed him onto our hutch for now and after Christmas, we'll find a more permanent spot for him.
I think he looks great, I gave him a little wreath just so he'd look a little more festive.

I didn't track my points today but I didn't eat a whole lot either - I'm pretty sure I was under my points allotment for the day.
Speaking of that, WW has changed their points program up again, they've gone back to the previous version and I'm kind of happy about it to be honest.

I haven't lost any weight really since they started this new plan - to be fair to WW, I haven't been as strict on plan either so that's on both of us.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment