Sunday 4 December 2022

Weigh In Day and Faun Progress (Sept.19, 2022)

Monday means weigh in day.

I weighed in at 204.2 lbs.

That's down 1 lb from last week.
I think it may have been more had I not had a weekend full of treats but I'm going in the right direction so that's good.
Even if it goes slow, as long as it's going, I'm good with that.

As soon as the dentist's office opened this morning I called them to see what I should do about my broken tooth.

They said I need to come in and get the opening covered back up and they were able to fit my in tomorrow morning at 8 am which was great.

So far it's feeling ok, I definitely don't want to get a tooth ache again like I had last week so I want to get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Jason texted me and told me that he was making me soup for lunch but that it wouldn't be done until 1 so for me to come home a bit later.
I was excited because it was a soup kind of day out there today.

Jason has been busy working on his faun.
He has the body form just about complete.

The head is coming along.

He added a layer of paper mached burlap to the horns for texture.

I think they are looking awesome.

This is kind of how the pieces will look once he puts them together.
He will need to cut a section of the head out to insert them so it look like they are growing out of the head then the last step will be painting.

He also started working on some hands for the faun.

He made them out of wood, wire and twine.

At first this was just going to be the form then he was going to paper mache it but I think he should leave the fingers like this and just do maybe the hand and wrist/arm part. 

The wire fingers look great.

The air brush I ordered for myself arrived today and I was looking forward to testing it out after work but Freya was there when I got home and it's kind of hard to do projects like that when she is there because she wants to get right in there and do it too.

I did manage to get a coat of orange paint on this pumpkin that I'm working on while she and Jason were playing in the basement.

I also got the curtains put back up.
I wanted to make new ones but I'm not sure if I want a full curtain or just a topper so until I decide, I'll just leave these up.

Jason, Freya and I were about to head out for a walk when Kody and Haylee showed up.
Freya still wanted to go so Jason took her but I stayed and visited with Kody and Haylee.

They got Freya's passport picture taken today so they can get the form sent in.
Apparently there is a longer wait for passports than usual and February is coming fast!

I didn't get my steps in again - I really need to get my butt in gear!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment