Sunday 4 December 2022

Rainy Day (Oct.5, 2022)

 Happy Hump Day!

I have a long weekend coming up and it's getting closer!

Scrolling on social media this morning and saw this cute picture Kody posted of Freya last night after she got ready for bed.
Just sitting on the couch chilling with her doggies.

It was a drizzly day out there but I still got out for my walk to the road and back this morning.

Thankfully it hasn't been windy at all so a lot of the leaves are still on the trees.

This popped up on Jason's memories so he sent it to me.
Awww, she was just a baby - I can't believe how much she has grown up since then.

It stayed grey and dreary all day with a rain shower here and there so I didn't ride my bike back to work after lunch.
I did manage to get out for a second walk in the afternoon though.

Then as soon as I got home, I went down and hopped on the treadmill to get my 20 minutes in.

I did run for 1 minute at a speed of 4.0, walked for a minute then walked for another minute at a speed of 4.0.
It felt super hard.

There is still a little something something in my leg but I'm just going to keep trying every day and see if I can go a bit further or longer before it starts hurting,

I'm hoping I can maybe do a 1 minute run, 1 minute walk workout on Sunday for at least 20 minutes but I'll just see how my body feels.

It's coming though, I was afraid it would never get better but I do feel now like it's definitely healing.

So I ended up just doing a walk on an incline - that felt extra hard too for some reason but I got it done.

After my workout, I did a bunch of base coating on some wood for some projects.

Not sure what they are all going to be yet but doing the black base coat with the white top coat is a pretty safe option and I just like having a bunch of stuff ready to go.

I had leftover shrimp and grits for supper.
Jason is eating vegetarian this week so I get all of the leftovers to myself.

I had an FCSS board meeting tonight.
I still needed a few more steps to make it to the 13,000 so I decided to walk down there.
We are just a small group but it's always nice to see everyone and catch up.

One of the other board members, Jill, said she and her sister just ran a half marathon in Banff in September and highly recommended the run.
It's called Melissa's Run.
She sent me the link and I think Jason and I may sign up to run the half there next September.

She also said that she and her husband just booked a 12 day trip to Iceland next July.
They are renting a camper van and travelling around the country.
I think they are going to love it - I'm kind of jealous to be honest - I'd totally go back there and spend another 12 days.
I hope they enjoy themselves (I'm sure they will)

When my meeting was done, Jason walked down to meet me and we walked home together.

We watched the new episode of Andor before calling it a night and heading to bed.

Another day of all green!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment