Sunday 4 December 2022

Root Canal - Still in Pain (Sept.13, 2022)

So I had a really rough night last night.

Worst tooth ache I've ever had and after I finally fell asleep, I woke up every three hours like clockwork to take more medication.

My goal was just to make it to my 9am appointment with the Dentist to get my root canal done.

My gum had grown over the broken tooth a bit so he head to cut that back and pull the bone forward a bit (I'm not reallly sure what the means). 

Then ee did the root canal and put in a temporary filling.

 I have to go back in a few weeks to get a permanent one put in and I'll likely get the crown at the same time.

The procedure went well and of course he froze my mouth to do it so I was pain free and it was wonderful for a couple hours and it was wonderful.

I was back to the office before 11 so that's pretty darn good.

I went and grabbed a salad for lunch and took it back to the office and it was such a lovely day that I actually went for a walk to the road and back.

First one I've done in a long tim.

Saw this recipe and I'd like to give it a try I think.

Haylee posted a sweet picture of her and Freya.

I thought after having the root canal that my tooth wouldn't hurt anymore but that wasn't the case.

By 2 pm, I was really in a lot of pain again, pretty much just as bad as it was last night.
So I took some medication and it helpd a bit but by 4 pm it was just unbearable again.

When I got home, I laid down for a bit because I didn't really know what else to do - I've been taking so much medication that I was afriad to take anymore so I was trying to just make to 6 pm so I could take more.
I had a bit of a nap then at 6 I took a Tylenol 3 and that helped immensely.

Nadine came over and we visited for a bit then we also made these deer cut outs on the Cricut.
She's going to make tree decorations for her friend.

Kody and Haylee are both working tomorrow and Jason is off so they asked if he could watch her for the day.

He's heading in to the city at 7 am to pick Mom up at the airport, she's flying home tomorrow and her flight gets in at 10 am so we said we'd keep Freya for the night to make things easier in the morning.

By 8 pm the meds were wearing off and my tooth started aching again.
I just took some ibuprofen and hoped it would work, it did a little.

Kody dropped Freya off around then and she had some mac & cheese (her latest favorite snack) and some cereal then she wanted me to snuggle her on the couch.

Of course I did then pretty soon she asked if we could go to bed so off we went.
I thought she was ready to go to sleep but no, she was just ready to play.

She wanted Jason to pick her up.

She just loves it when he hangs her upside down by her feet.

She wanted him to make her 'walk' on the ceiling.

Such an imagination - she's always coming up with games for us to play.

"Papa, 'tend I'm a skeleton!"
This girls loves all things creepy and spooky.

It was about 10 pm by then and the meds I'd taken at 8 had worn off so I took some tylenol which did nothing so at 11 I took more advil which also did nothing so at midnight I took another Tylenol 3.

Both Jason and Freya were long asleep by this point by I was in terrible pain and I was thinking that it it didn't subside then I was going to have to go up the hospital to see if they could do anything for me because I was afraid to take any more medication but the pain was becoming unbearable.

Thankfully that did the trick though and by 12:30 it was feeling much better but then I was wide awake and couldn NOT fall asleep.

I think I laid there until about 3 am, drifted off then woke at 4 took more pills then went back to sleep.
It was a rough night!

If it's still hurting tomorrow I'm going to have to call the dentist back and see if it's normal or if something might be wrong.

I can't go through another night of this.

So I didn't end up getting my steps in again.
Geez, just when my groin starts feeling better, something else happens.
I can't wait to get back to my healthy self!

Anyway, that's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment