Monday 5 December 2022

FCSS Christmas Party (Dec.2, 2022)

I wonder what Molly is up to today? 

Looks like she's climbing Mt. Santa.
I may enjoy these more than Zepplyn.

Morgan had a cake ready to go out the door for a client today - doesn't it look delicious?

I ended up working right through my lunch hour today - It was almost 1 pm when I noticed so I decided to stay and work through lunch.
I figured I'd just leave early at the end of the day but I was so busy that I didn't even get to do that.
Oh well - at least I got everything completed that I wanted to.

I hopped on the treadmill as soon as I got home.
I just did the 1 mile I needed to because I still had to ice a cake, put together the surprise dip and have a shower.
I ran it at an incline of 1.0 and a speed of 4.0.
I'm already feeling like I want to bump up the speed but it's only day 2 and I am going to make myself take this really slowly.
So far everything is feeling great - nothing hurts - I want to keep it that way.

Happy to have my workout done.

After I got the cake and the dip done, I had a shower then Mom and I headed over to the FCSS Christmas party.

Both the staff and the board were invited so it was nice to see everyone.

There was a ton of food.

There was no way the food was all going to be eaten tonight - there will be leftovers for sure.

I had to try a little bit of everything.
It was all super good, there was ham, funeral potatoes, perogies, whole roasted carrots, meatballs, salad, dip.

Trina had reindeer horns and other little ears for everyone to wear.
Mom and I chose reindeer horns.

Kody and Haylee both need to work tomorrow so Mom decided to skip out on the city and stay home to watch her.
So I got Kody to drop her off at the party with us.
Instead of wearing a pair of reindeer horns, she opted for the ones on a stick that you just hold up.

Freya took my phone so she could take some pictures.
She took a liking to Savi.

There's Trina, Rob and Jamie.

Me - Photo Credit - Freya.

She got a good one of Nanny.
Mom looked really nice, she had on a top I'd never seen before and it looked really good on her.

Another photo by Freya - getting a picture of Brandon's cool Christmas top.

Then for some reason she took a picture of my foot.
Yes, I took my slippers with me.

She also took a picture of her own foot.
She really has an eye for interesting things, ha ha.

Jill's boys playing.

Another one of me - she had me pose.

Then we started playing some games.
Freya wanted to play them so I was her partner.
I was glad - if she hadn't been there, I likely wouldn't have played any of the games and they were fun.

For the first game, one person had to bounce ping pong balls towards their partner who had a stocking that they had to try to catch them in.
Freya bounced, I caught.
We were able to catch 4 which I thought was pretty great.

Next up was the Nutcracker.
Each person had a candy cane with 10 nuts on it and you had to stack the nuts using just the one hand that was holding the candy cane.

Freya cheated a bit but hey, she's only 4!

Playing Nutcracker.

You were only supposed to have a minute but they gave the kids extra time because they were enjoying it.
Freya was getting the hang of it too - they all were.

Then we all took turns in groups of 3.

Another group of three.

The three men got up there and they all happened to be lefties and they all were able to stack all 10.
They were the only ones that did.

I had a try at it as well - it's harder than you would think.
I got to 6 high then mine fell and I didn't have time to start over.

Next up was the Reindeer antler game.

It was another partner game.
One person blew up balloons then the other person had to stuff them into the legs of a pair of panty hose.

First person to get the 10 balloons in and put the 'antler's on their head won.
Freya blew up the balloon's and I tied them and stuffed them into the panty hose which was much more difficult than it sounds.

Finished!
We didn't win but we did come in second.

Freya thought the balloon antlers were great.
It was a fun game, I think I might try to play it at my Christmas party.

Darren and his wife Sherri blew their balloons up really big.

Jamie trying to get them stuffed in there.

She was running around like this for a while after the game.

Look at all those beautiful antlers.

The next game was a drawing game.
You had to hold a paper plate on your head then Trina gave instructions on what to draw.
This is mine.
It's a bunny by some rolling hills with a snowman on one side, a cabin on the other with the sun and a cloud in the sky.
Turned out not too bad - at least you can tell what it is supposed to be for the most part.

Next up was the Shake your Booty game.
Each participant had an empty kleenex box with two ornament in it taped to their back.
Then you had to shake your booty to try to shake them out.

Waiting for the music to start.

And they were off.
It was a lot tougher to get the ornaments out than you would have thought.

The next group discovered a new booty shaking method.

Next up was the T-shirt game.

There were two teams, each started out with a t-shirt on the person at the beginning of the line.
They had to turn around and hold hands with the person behind them and transfer the t-shirt over to that person while still holding hands.
Then you continued that to the end of the line and back again.
Each team did have a helper.

Freya got right in there too.
Those FCSS ladies are so good with children.

The next game was called Cherry on Top.
Each player was given a plate full of whipped cream that had 10 cherries hidden in it.
You had to find them using your mouth only - you could either eat them or just spit them out on the extra plate.

The kids weren't afraid to get right in there.

Freya did try eating the first cherry but didn't like it so spit it out along with the rest she found.
I don't blame her, I don't like Maraschino cherries either.

She loved dunking her face in the whipped cream.
By the end she had it all over her face, forehead included.

The men were up next.

On your mark, get set, go!

They were in it to win it!

I think Clayton ate all of his cherries in one bite.

The party was a lot of fun.
I thought we'd only be there for an hour or so but it was 11 pm when we finally left.

I saw these 'sweary affirmations' on line and I thought they were super cute.

I think I might even order a set just because.

I saw this online too - thought it would be cute to make for my sister.

So true.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment