Sunday 4 December 2022

Weigh In and Medical Scare for Nadine (Oct.24, 2022)

 Monday means weigh in day.

As expected, it was not good.
I was 205.4 lbs.

I mean really, I was only up .2 lbs since last weigh in but I want to be going the other way.

I made a decision today that I am going to follow weight watchers and track and have no more treats (aka...mixed nuts) until I get back down under 200 lbs.

It's only 5.4 lbs away so it shouldn't be that hard to do.

Jason took this awesome picture of his scarecrow/pumpkin guy on the lawn this morning before he left.
The lighting makes it look so spooky.

I got out for a walk to the town turn off and back this morning.
It is getting colder so it required a headband and mittens.
Oh summer, how I miss thee already!

Bonnie's birthday was over the weekend so we took her out for her birthday lunch today.
I really like this picture of her.

Myself and Shennelle.

I really need to do something about my hair.
I never do it anymore but it makes me look old and tired.

I had a shrimp salad for my lunch and it was very tasty.

I got out for another walk this afternoon but it was just a short one so I had a lot of steps to make up when I got home.

So I got on the treadmill immediately and I had planned on doing a run 1 minute, walk 1 minute work out but my groin is really bothering me again.
So instead I started off at an incline of 0 then bumped it up by .5 all the way up to 10 then back down to 0.
I still needed more steps so I just stayed on extra (walking) until I got there.
I was watching an episode of 7 Little Johnston's and I wanted to finish it anyway.

If I can't run, I'm at least glad that I'm getting some type of exercise in.

It was a quiet evening, when Jason got home he worked on painting his Pennywise face and we watched the new episodes of Halloween Baking Championship and Halloween Cookie Challenge.
(Baking Championship is my favorite).

Every time I watch the cookie challenge shows it makes me want to start making cookies.
I tried it once and it is really super hard, they make it look way easier on these shows.

I normally like Halloween Wars too but I just wasn't into it this year.

Bonnie called me in the evening to let me know that our friend Nadine had a stroke yesterday.
I was shocked.
She didn't have many details but sounds like she is ok, she is in the city and they are running tests.
So scary, you just never know do you?

Karl was in there with her and her son was on his way so there wasn't much we could do tonight, we'll see if we get more details tomorrow and run them in some stuff if they need it.

I also saw on Facebook that a friend of Mom's passed away.
Also shocking.
She was only 47 (so younger than me). 

She used to work for Mom at the Derrick here in town and she really thought a lot of Mom.

She was living in the city now but she called and checked on Mom every now and then and told me how much she thought of her.

I'm not sure what happened but so sad for her family.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment