Sunday 4 December 2022

Procedure Success for Mom and Crafty Family (Oct.13, 2022)

 Mom had to be in Whitecourt by 9 am this morning for a colonoscopy.

She had to drink half of the bowel prep solution yesterday at 6 pm then the other half at 3 am this morning but her alarm didn't go off so she didn't get the second half in.

I tried to call ahead to the clinic at 7 am when I found out but couldn't get ahold of anyone so we headed to Whitecourt anyway and just hoped that they'd be able to do it.

And they did.

While we were sitting and waiting for them to take her in, I was looking at Facebook and my super talented niece, Morgan, posted some pictures of some recent cakes that she made.

She is getting very good - she's adding some height to them.

What a great job she did with this one.
The cake looks pretty much exactly like the package.

Looks like this one is straight out of a fancy bakery - those ingredients sound yummy too.

She made this little smash cake for her little nephew there on the left - she nailed his look perfectly.

Ooooh, those sound yummy too.

She's gotten really good with the fondant too - love the little froggy's she made.

She made a similar cake for Freya's birthday, I love the Ombre effect.

She also started making candy apples.
I don't really enjoy eating candy apples but I do think they are very pretty.

Jason was busy this morning too, he added some clay to Cleavus's face trying to build it up a bit.

He also gave him some eyes and I think they turned out great.
He used the little plastic containers that you get out of the gumball machine.

When they took Mom back for her procedure, they told me she'd be about an hour and a half and they would call me when she was ready so I headed out and stopped at Walmart, the second hand store and No Frills.

I also filled up with gas for the drive home and was back to the hospital right at the hour and a half mark.

It was really nice out so instead of going in and sitting and waiting for Mom, I headed out for a walk and just took my phone with me for when they called.

Lots of folks had their Halloween decorations up - I love this giant spider web and spider.

This lady was actually putting this stuff up in her window as I walked by and I think it looks awesome.
Kind of gave me the idea to do it myself in our front window.

When we head to the city this weekend, I think I'll pick up some black Bristol board and make some cutouts for our front window.

I'm thinking I'll pick a scene from Nightmare Before Christmas or maybe a silhouette of the Sanderson Sisters from Hocus Pocus, blow the image up with the projector at work and trace it on the Bristol board then cut it out and tape it up there.

I saw this traffic cone and thought it could easily be turned into candy corn, need to keep my eye out for them at the dollar store.

Mom's procedure ended up taking about 2 hours so I was able to get a good half hour walk in before I went back and picked her up.

They were doing the procedure to see if they could find a cause for her anemia and they told me that they did find the cause, she has a large hernia with scarring around it and they said Mom's doctor would be in touch to discuss how to manage it or what to do going forward.

I'm glad they found the cause and now we can get it treated, I can tell Mom is starting to get tired again like she was before she had the iron transfusions.

She's likely going to need another.

Mom was happy to have the procedure over and done with but she was very weak and hungry too, she hadn't eaten since yesterday morning so I stopped and got her (and I) a breakfast sandwich before heading back home.

I dropped her off at the house then headed to the office on my bike.
It was even nicer here at home then it was in Whitecourt which is unusual, it's usually the opposite.

Jason came down and met me after work and we biked home together.
The big hill by the store is soooo hard - As long as I keep at it though it's bound to get easier and I'm looking forward to that day.

When I got home, I went down and hopped on the treadmill to get that out of the way.
I started out doing 1 minute walk then 1 minute run then later on in the workout I did a few 3 and 4 minute runs.
My leg felt great so I think I'm ready to get back to running.
I feel like I lost a bit of my endurance though, Not sure if I could just go out and run 5k without stopping but I'm sure going to give it a try.

Even if I do have to stop - as long as I keep at it, it won't be long until I'll be able to do it again I'm sure.

Just super happy to be somewhat running again without any pain.

Jason spend most of the evening putting finishing touches on his faun and Cleavis.
He also got out the Jack-o-Lantern head for his scarecrow guy.
He'll likely set it all up out in the yard when we get back from the city this weekend.

I spent the evening crafting as well.
I got these little tin can tree holders finished up.
I ended up pulling this red bow off of this one afterwards, I didn't really like it.
I need to replace it with something but I'm not sure yet what that will be.

I made a messy bow on this one and I quite like how it turned out.

I got started on this little wreath as well.
I got the greenery glued on but the rest of the stuff is just sitting there - I was having a hard time deciding what I wanted to put on it and kept changing it up but I think this is what I'm going to go with.

I have A LOT of craft supplies - I think buying craft supplies has become more of a hobby for me than actually crafting with them to be honest.

I don't want it to be that way though so my goal over the next few months is to try to use up a bunch of what I have on hand and see what I can create without having to buy more supplies.

It will feel good to get some stuff cleaned out of my office and making stuff is always very satisfying.

I saw these cute wooden mittens on Sentimental Salvage & Designs page.
It is a store in Myrnam, Alberta and I love her work.
She puts on lots of classes too and I'd love to go to one but it's pretty far away.

Aren't these just darling?
I wonder if Jason could cut these shapes out for me?

I saw this on Instagram and loved it - I love how the skirt is lit up.
We might need to make a girlfriend for our scarecrow next year!

This is the most steps I've gotten in one day in a long time!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment