Sunday 4 December 2022

Garage Clean Up (Oct.22, 2022)

 Jason stopped in at the store this morning on his way to work and sent me a picture of this awesome deal tht he found.

WOW.

It's on sale for more than it is regularly.

Ha ha, me thinks someone has made an oopsie.

We got our first snow of the year this morning, just a skiff but the lawns and cars were white when I looked out there this morning.

I made myself a coffee and watched a movie.
I picked this one, Dancing Queen's.
It was a Swedish movie so had sub titles.
It was cute, I liked it.

After the movie and a couple of coffees, I got into some old clothes and headed out to get started on the garage clean up.
The snow we'd had overnight was already melted and gone thankfully.
I actually remembered to take some before pictures.

As you can see, it was a pretty big disaster.

It was dirty and dusty.
Jason cuts wood in here lots so there is saw dust every where.

Disorganized.

Some of the boxes on this shelf have been there since we moved in like 13 years ago.

I had picked up this dresser a couple years back with the intention of refinishing it and giving it to Morgan but I never got around to it.
She doesn't need one anymore so I posted it up on the local buy and sell and someone is coming to pick it up later.

Mom came out and helped me some today which was so nice of her.
I ended up taking two loads to the dump and by the time I finished up - I was filthy dirty.

I got a lot accomplished though so I feel really good about it.
I got the boxes moved to a place where they are easier to reach and my plan is to bring them into the house one at a time to go through.
Some of them have old Disney VHS movies, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with those.
Then all the boxes on the top shelf are records of mom's.
She doesn't want them anymore so I'm not sure what to do with those either.
They've been out in the garage for years so I'm not even sure if they are good anymore.

Everything else is looking a lot more organized.
All Jason's tools are spread out on the shelves and easy to get to.
The white chairs are another refinishing project that I never got around to.
Might just scrap that idea as well and get rid of them.

This corner is pretty cleaned out.
I want to get some peg board for the wall here then try to organize all of Jason's tools over here.

You could barely get into this entry way before and now it's all organized.
There is still this old fireplace that we took out of the house that needs moved.
It was way too heavy for mom and I, I couldn't even budge it.
So once we decide what to do with it, the boys will have to move it.

This last little section I did not complete.
I wasn't sure what to do with all the wood - need to think of a storage solution for that and I think we are going to get rid of the freezer there.
I was done for the day though so this will have to wait until next week.
Jason's off so we'll get back at it again then.

The dresser is ready to be picked up.

I made a huge amount of progress in there today and it feels great.
Just need to finish up the small area I didn't get to and figure out what to do with my old car.
I'd really like to get it out of there.
It needs some tires first though.

Jason harvested all of his tomatoes off of his plants and had me roast them today.
He plans on bottling them.
They smelled amazing when they were cooking.

I was feeling so dirty after cleaning all day that I wanted to have a nice long bath but first I hopped on the treadmill to get my 20 minutes done.
I didn't have it in me to run so I just walked.

Didn't work up much of a sweat but still felt good to get it done.

Then I grabbed the book I started recently and hopped in a nice hot bubble bath.
I ended up staying in there for a super long time and finishing the book.

I was kind of expecting Freya to come spend the night but never heard from them so it was another quiet evening for Jason and I.

Haylee did post this cute picture of Freya dressed up as Chucky's bride.
She looks so grown up in this picture, not at all like a 4 year old.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment