Sunday 4 December 2022

Christmas Shopping Has Officially Begun (Nov.8, 2022)

Just a regular day in the winter life of April over here 😀

I started thinking about Christmas and that I don't have a thing purchased yet.
I usually have a couple of things by now.

I remembered my sister saying the boys wanted new Oodies so I decided to look them up on Amazon to see what I could find.

They didn't have real Oodies but I checked with my sister and she said the boys would be ok with knock offs, as long as they were warm and fuzzy.

I found a couple patterns I thought they might like, checked with my sister and she gave me the thumbs up so I ordered them.
That's 2 presents down and many, many more to go.

I'm not sure if we got more snow last night or if it just drifted, likely it was a combo of the two.
In either case, the walkway, driveway and sidewalk all needed shoveling again so I planned on doing that on my lunch hour.
The sun was out and even though it was cold, there was no wind so kind of the best conditions you could hope for in the winter.

When I got home, Freya was there with Mom.
She wanted me to sit and snuggle with her but I really wanted to get the shoveling done and I thought she might be upset about that but she was ok.
I told her we'd snuggle when I was done.
She came to the door a few times to check to see if I was done yet.

It took me about 40 minutes to do it but that left me 20 minutes to get some snuggling in before I was off to work for the afternoon.

I didn't feel like coming up with something to cook for supper so instead I went and got Jason and I subs for supper.

When I got home, Kody was there picking up Freya but she didn't want to go home.
Jason starts days off tomorrow and I know he loves having her so I just said she could stay.

I did want to get my 20 minutes in on the treadmill though so she and I headed down there together.
She always wants to run with me (it's really just walking) so I let her and she gets tired of it in a few minutes anyway.
I was only 9 minutes in and I had to pause the treadmill to go and do something with Freya then when I came back and unpaused it, the belt wouldn't go.
This has been happening a few times lately.

I have to actually turn off the main power switch or unplug it then turn it back on and then it starts up again.
I'm not sure why it does that?

So anyway, I hopped back on and did another 25.
I was only walking so it took a bit for me to reach my 13,000 step goal.

Freya has lots of dolls and toys down in the basement so she was busy playing with those while I walked on the treadmill.

Complete for another day!

Freya was asking for Jason the whole evening, he usually gets home around 7:30 but he texted to say that they had a satellite down and he had to get it going before he came home.
I think it was close to 9 before he got home.
Always seems to happen on his last night of shift.

OMG - this cracked me up.

Another funny for today.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment