Sunday 4 December 2022

Cleaning Day (Sept.10, 2022)

 I woke up quite early this morning, like 5:30, and I couldn't go back to sleep so I just got up and had myself a nice long bath.

I decided to make a trip to Whitecourt to pick up a few things that we needed (mainly cat food) and also to check out the second hand stores for some items we need to make some Halloween props that we are planning.

I was on the road by 7:30 which was nice - I was hoping to get home at a decent hour because I wanted to do some house cleaning.

I did all the running around that I needed and was back home in Swan by 12:30 which was pretty good.

I noticed on the drive home that the leaves are already starting to change color.
Noooooooo!!!!!
I'm not ready for it to be winter yet.

We are going to make a girl swinging on a swing and I wanted to find an old fashioned white nightgown for her but found this awesome dress instead.
Once I dirty it up I think it will be perfect!

Jason found this old bowl out at work and he thought it would make a good witches cauldron - I think he's right!

After I got home, I put on some loud music and got to work.

I've been so busy all summer, well really since our trip to Vegas, that I haven't given the house a good cleaning in a long time.

I cleaned out the fridge too before I put all the groceries too - I should have taken before and after shots but was so focused on getting it done that I forgot.

It looks awesome though.

I was even able to find a spot for the new crock I picked up in Invermere.
I just love it.
I'd like to put some greenery in it but that's out because my cat will eat it, even if it's plastic.
So I'll have to think of something else to put in it.

Ha ha, look how Paddington it sitting.
I looked over at him and it just looked so funny.

I worked hard all day then it was nice to just sit and relax in a nice, clean living room for the evening.

It feels so good getting things done.
I've decided that each day I'm going to try to knock one thing off of my 'to do' list - checking things off a list is so satisfying.
I started a list of things I've been meaning to get to but I left it at the office.
I got a few things done today but I left my list at the office but I can't wait to mark them off on Monday.

I had planned on having Freya spend the night tonight but they ended up having Zepplyn stay at their place so I'll pick her up tomorrow and spend some time with her.

Jason and I watched the last episode of Midnight Mass when he got home from work.
I'm surpised we didn't watch it before now but I kind of forgot about it honestly.
It wouldn't have been something I would have picked to watch but I did like it.

Got my 13,000+ steps in today.
Mostly just from walking around doing housework but it felt good to get that accomplished.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment