Sunday 4 December 2022

Thrift Shopping and Knocking the Projects off the List (Sept.24, 2022)

 When I woke up in the morning (super early, like 5 am) Hunter and Freya were sleeping peacefully.

I didn't think she'd stay there all night with him but she did.

He had his arm around her like he was protecting her and it looked so sweet.

It was too dark to take a picture and I didn't want to wake them up so I just let them sleep.

I made my coffee and then gave Dee a call.
I've been meaning to call her forever but I kept thinking about it when it was too late to call.
I'm not really a chit chatty phone person so I don't think about calling people but I really want to make an effort to keep in touch with Dee, might start trying to call her once a week.
I think she was happy to hear from me.

I also called my sister to see how she was fairing out in the hurricane.
It was supposed to hit right on the east coast of NS which is where she is.
She said the door of her shed was ripped off but aside from that, all seemed well.
She had no power and couldn't really go out, there were trees and power lines down all over and the storm actually hadn't passed yet but so far, so good for her.

I had a nice quiet morning, watched some No Demo Reno - I like her style.
When the kids got up I tried to convince them to come to Whitecourt with me, I wanted to go to the second hand store to get some fabric to make sleeves for the swing girls dress.

They did NOT want to go.
I was hoping to leave them with Mom but Mom likes to sleep in in the morning so around 9:15 am I texted Kody to see if he was up and could come watch the kiddos so I could head to WCT.
I wanted to get there and get back because I had some stuff I wanted to do.

He said he'd come over and I left for WCT as soon as he did, it was right around 10 am.

First stop was Repeat Boutique.
I got a couple of witches hats, I got fabric for the swing girls dress, I got a bunch of ribbon, some other fabric, a few onesie pj's for Freya and a few other things.
It all came to $40 which was awesome.
I love thrift shopping.

I stopped at the dollar store for a few supplies too, got some pom poms for the Christmas ornaments I want to make.

I stopped at Twice is Nice as well, another second hand store in WCT and got a few more things there.
Found the exact same bag of pom poms I'd just picked up at the dollar store for half the price (50 cents) so got them too.
I also found a couple of winter coats for Hunter for 4 bucks each and a fall coat for Freya.

I made one last stop at No Frills to look for purple popcorn for Jason but they didn't have any then I headed home.
It was a quick trip.

When I got home, Kody and the kids were gone so I got right to work on a few projects.
I had a couple of roast chickens in the fridge that I threw in a pot to make soup.

I also got started on the laundry, I wanted to wash the coats I'd picked up for the kids and the onesie's plus Saturday is usually my laundry day anyway.

Then I got the pom pom noses put onto the kids ornaments.
Just need to let them dry then add hangers and they'll be all done.
I still have a few more to make but I wanted to make sure they turned out ok and I really like how they turned out.

Next up was working on a sleeve for the swing girl.
Her arms are just going to be wire inside of pool noodles so they need to be covered up and right now the sleeve is short.

I got a long sleeved shirt of mine and turned it inside out so I could copy the pattern.
I just cut it out of some craft paper I had on hand.

It's a bit bigger than I need but I figured I'd rather have it a bit on the big side then not fit at all.

It looks pretty good.
I got out my new air brush and started trying to dirty this up a bit.
It worked pretty good at first but then the compressor just stopped working, I have no idea why.
I could not get it to go again so I just gave up.
I'll get Jason to have a look at it when he gets home.

Some of my ribbon haul from the second hand store today.
They are usually 50 cents to 1 dollar so totally worth it even if they aren't full rolls.

I also picked up some foam board and made a mat the size I needed for this picture that Alivia drew for me.
If you look at it really closely you can see it isn't perfect but it does the trick and the drawing is finally framed and up.
It sure feels good to get things knocked off my to do list.

I cleaned up some of the veggies I had in the fridge and added them to the soup.
Had a couple bowls for supper and it was delicious.
I'm totally a soup girl - I could eat it every single day.

The kids coats were clean and dry so I decided to walk down and give them to them.
I needed some steps and it was nice out.

Hunter liked the two coats I got for him and they both fit which was awesome.

Freya of course wanted to change into a pair of her new onesie's right away.

She loved the little pockets.

They were having a bunch of people over for a fire in their backyard so it was kind of crazy there and I didn't stay long.
Freya was having a blast running around with all the kiddos that were there.

I had also picked up a few skirts at the second hand store to make witch dresses with.
Blair had given me a few old tomato cages that he had so I put one together to see how it would look.
I think it looks pretty good, just need to figure out how to add the arms on to her.

I was looking at these Styrofoam heads at the dollar store today (this one is actually for swing girl) and I decided not to pick any up because I thought I had Styrofoam balls at home.
Turns out the balls I had at home are way too small so now I'm wishing I'd picked up a few.

Shennelle and I are heading to Edmonton on Wednesday for our performance reviews so I'll stop at a dollar store then and see if I can find a couple.

I thought this was cute.

Reached 10,000+ today.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment