Sunday 4 December 2022

Crafty Day (Oct.10, 2022)

Today is Thanksgiving so no work - yee haw!

It's still Monday though so still weigh in day. 

I was 202.4 lbs.

That's down 4.2 from last week.
I'm getting so close to Onederland again, just a couple more pounds to go.
I think once I start running again it will come off a bit easier.

I watched a cheesy Hallmark type movie this morning while I had my coffee.

The Engagement Plot.
I liked it.

Then I headed to my office to work on some crafts - I have lots of stuff on the go.
Some of these needed a coat of white on the backs so I finished off that.

I tried the reverse transfer method on the SPOOKY sign and I think it turned out pretty good.

Here is a closer look.

I hopped on the treadmill to get my 20 minutes in.
I ended up doing a walk for a minute then run for a minute and sometimes 2 minutes.
My leg felt really good.
I think I might be ready to try an outdoor run this week, maybe tomorrow.

It felt really good to do a bit of running again.

I decided that I would have a nice bath then walk down and see if Freya wanted to come over for a visit for a bit.
While I was in the tub, a big wind/rain storm came out of nowhere.
So the walk was out but I still drove down there to see if she wanted to come over.

Turns out she was over visiting with Zepplyn.
Kody said if she got home early he'd bring her by.

So I went back home and did some more crafting.
I got Jack-o-lantern faces on all four of the pieces I'd prepared, I also made the Hocus Pocus sign.

I got a coat of clear wax on all of the faces too.
I still want to spray them with a clear coat then add the stems but I have to do the spraying outside and it was still rainy out there so I'll do that tomorrow.

It felt like it needed a little something so I added the spider then the little web.
I should have stopped after the spider, I'm not too crazy about the web, but it isn't terrible.
I'm not going to fiddle with it any further, I'll just leave it as is.

I made this little BOO sign too, I think it turned out cute.

Then I worked on these tin cans that I started last year.
I added labels and some greenery, the greenery needs more work.

The greenery in this one is a bit better.
I need to glue it in and then add some string or a bow or some kind of other embellishment to these before I can call them done and add them to my booth at the Hardware.

I spent most of the day crafting but it doesn't seem like I got much done for some reason.

Anna from The Running Channel posted this and I had to screen shot it and send it to Jason.
His grandfather was from Rugby too and we actually took the train and went there when we went to London the first time.
Maybe they are related!

I had leftovers for supper - I love leftovers, they are so easy.
It was a pretty quiet day and evening.
When Jason got home, we watched a bit of tv then we called it a night.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment