Sunday 4 December 2022

Baking Cookies and Visit From Elf on the Shelf (Nov.11, 2022)

I woke up super early this morning so decided to get up and get a jump on things.
I had a coffee then got busy right away taking down all of my every day decorations.
 I need to do that in order to make room for my Christmas decorations.

I didn't but everything back up after Christmas last year so it didn't take as long as normal but I still had a table full of stuff that I had to pack up.

When Jason got up I sat down and had a coffee with him then he helped me take a few things downstairs and bring a few more things up.
I have a LOT of containers of Christmas decorations.

Freya slept in pretty good this morning, she did wake up around 5:30 am and watched videos on the phone for a bit but then she fell back to sleep until around 9 am.

When she woke up, she asked Jason to get in bed and snuggle with her and asked where I was.
Jason told her I was out decorating and she wanted me to come snuggle too, Jason said he'd call me but she told him to wait in bed and she came out to get me.

As soon as she saw all the decorations, she forgot all about snuggling and wanted to get right in there and help.
So she kind of left Jason hanging, ha ha.

That was ok - he wanted to head out for a run anyway so he got ready to do that and I told Freya that we could make some cookies.

We measured all of the ingredients into the bowl together then I let her mix it.
Then I got her an ice cream scoop so she could scoop the cookies onto the baking sheet.

She did a pretty good job of scooping them.

Ready for the oven.
She was so proud of herself!

The cookies turned out really good from what I heard.
I didn't have any but Jason thought they were store bought because they looked so good.

Our little dare devil - if she can find a place to climb up, she'll do it.

So Jason got her to pose like the Elf on the Shelf - so cute!

After that, we played on Tik Tok for a bit and made some videos.
Kody and Haylee were heading to Whitecourt so called to see if she wanted to go with them.
She did not.
She really wanted Hunter to come over though and kept asking so I called to see if he wanted to come over for a bit.

He did so I went and picked him up.
Poor guy wasn't feeling the best though, he said he had a headache so he was pretty quiet the whole time he was there.

He still kept her company though so I was able to do some cleaning and Jason was able to get out in the garage and build the archway for me.

When Kody and Haylee got back from Whitecourt, they stopped in to pick up Freya but she did not want to go home.
She was crying and saying she just wanted to stay and visit for a little bit.

So I told her she could stay for a little bit but that Papa and I would take her home after and she agreed.
Once that was settled, she proudly showed her Mom and Dad the cookies we'd made earlier and had them try them.

They were a hit with them too and I ended up sending the rest of them home with them just so I wouldn't slip and be tempted to have one.

They left then and took Hunter home for us and Jason made some pasta for supper.

Then we took her home - they said they'd gotten her a treat while they were in Wct so she was excited to see what it was.

It was a Mirabel dress (from Encanto) and she had to put it on right away.

It looked so cute.

She wanted me to snuggle with her on her couch for a little bit before I left so I did and then she was perfectly fine with us leaving.

When I got back to the house, I immediately headed to the treadmill to get my 20 minutes done.
I just walked again - I can't seem to get myself to run for some reason.
I did my squats and lunges too - I need to find exercises for these that are easier on my ankles.
I get so wobbly I'm afraid I'm going to tip over and break an ankle or something.

Workout is done!

After my workout, I got the rest of the Christmas stuff taken upstairs so everything will be ready to go and  I'll be able to get at it first thing in the morning.
I had hoped to get it all done today but that didn't really go according to plan.

Oh well - spending time with the kids is important and I'm always thankful when I get a chance to do that even if it causes me to change my plans.

So I've made it to 11 days of reaching all 4 or my daily goals each day for November.
Yay me!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment