Monday 5 December 2022

Christmas Shopping in the City with Morgan (Dec.3, 2022)

Morgan and I headed into the city today to do some Christmas shopping.
I had wanted to leave by 7:30 but I was running late so it was after 8 when we finally got on the road.

We went the Westlock way so we could stop at Giant Tiger.
We got a few things there.

Next up we made a stop at Peavey Mart.

Morgan was looking for gifts for Tanner and Donald and Kody really needs a new pair of work boots so mom and I decided to go splits on a pair for him and give them to him now.
I sent him pictures of a few that were there and these were the ones he picked.

They were on sale for 179.99 but when I got to the register, they came up even cheaper, 132.00.
That's always a fun surprise.

We got some breakfast bagels at Tim Horton's next then I took the car for an oil change at the drive through spot right next door.

This car must have belonged to one of the guys working in there.
It had some neat embellishments on it.

It had a scorpion on the hood then a tank on the roof with it's gun aimed down at it.

Morgan took a quick video of it.

They took the air filter out to check it and then they couldn't get it back in.
By the end of it there were 3 guys working on it - they did finally get it in but they felt really bad that it took so long.
They took 10 bucks off the price which they didn't have to do so that was nice.
I gave them each 5 bucks to go get themselves a coffee or something - I know they felt bad and they were really nice so I just wanted to do a little something to brighten their day.

Then we carried on into St. Albert.
We made stops at Costco, Old Navy,  Michaels, Homesense, the liquor store and Walmart.
We got a lot done actually.

Nadine asked if I could pick something up at Sport Check for her and it was only available at Sport Check in Spruce Grove so we headed over there to pick it up.

It was supper time by then so we went to The Chopped Leaf to have something to eat.
I had a salad and some mushroom soup - it was really good.

There was a Cobb's next door so I couldn't resist the opportunity to have a white chocolate berry scone.
I thought of bringing home one for mom and Jason but was worried I'd eat those too so I just bought the one.

We had planned at stopping at Superstore to get grocery's but we were both really tired so we decided to skip it and just head right home.

It was a good drive home, the roads were clear.
The road conditions are always a gamble when you travel in the winter.

We got back to town around 7:30 pm.
I dropped Morgan off - it was so cold we decided to leave everything in the car and deal with it tomorrow instead.

Jason was already home from work so he did help me bring my stuff in.
I mainly had done a bunch of shopping for Mom for Jen and the boys.
We want to get her parcel shipped out early next week.

I went down and hopped on the treadmill to get my 1 mile run.
I did it at an incline of 0 and a speed of 4.0.

Felt good, still nothing hurting.

After I finished on the treadmill, I got all the ornaments out to finish them up.
I added little antlers and the strings for hanging them.

I also put the names and the year on the back of each one.
It took quite a while to get them all done, in fact, Jason left me and went to bed (he does have to work in the morning).
I think they turned out great.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment