Thursday 8 December 2022

Passport Place Again and Bell Creation Continues (Dec.7, 2022)

 Haylee and I are heading into the city this morning to apply for Freya's passport - again.

Last time they went it, they wouldn't accept the picture they had of Freya, said it was too light.

So Haylee got new pictures done and we are off to Service Canada and hopefully this will be the last time.

We left at 7 am and it was dark but that meant we got to enjoy the sunrise.

Jason called about 20 minutes in to our drive and said he'd gone downstairs to hop on the treadmill and mom was sitting with her walker and she was in pain and kind of out of it.
He was wondering if he should take her up to emergency or call the ambulance.

I said to call up and take her to emergency if he could but after I hung up, decided to call back and tell him to call 911 instead.
I was worried she might be having another stroke or something - Jason only had the truck and there was no way he'd be able to get her up into it.

When I called, he said he'd thought the same thing as well and had already called 911.

I was kind of focused on that when suddenly a moose appeared on the road out of nowhere.
It was such a close call.
Thank goodness I was going slow or else I for sure would have hit him.
As it was, I kind of was swerving around on the road and so was the moose.
I was kind of shook up afterwards for a bit.

I called Jason back and asked if I should turn around and come home and he said the ambulance had arrived, they were checking all her vitals and everything was good - they were thinking it might just have something to do with the urinary tract infections she keeps getting.

They were going to take her up to the hospital so I called my brother Rob and he went up and met the ambulance at the hospital.
That way he could help mom out with the talking and just be there to talk to the Dr. and find out what was going on.

He said they waited almost 2 hours for the Dr. to show up which is atrocious.
He lives right in town and it wasn't even in the middle of the night or anything, it was like regular work hours and our hospital here is not a busy one.
Mom was in a lot of pain the whole time.

When he finally did show, he figured that it was a muscle spasm.
He prescribed her some pain killers and told us just to keep an eye on her for the next few days and Rob took her home.
Once she got some meds she was feeling better and ended up sleeping most of the day.

When Jason was moving things around for the EMT's to move mom, he found her stash of cat treats.
Ha ha, no wonder we can't get our cats to lose any weight.

Haylee and I made it to Service Canada right at 11 am.
I took a picture of where I parked so I wouldn't forget.

The line up wasn't that bad.
We waited about an hour to get 'inside' then another 20 minutes after that.
So I had lots of time to surf the net.

Molly was singing Sea Shanty's today.

True story!

Haylee was showing me some pictures she took of Freya in the new little dress I got her.

She looks like a teenager for Goodness sakes!

Jason said Freya wanted to bake me a cake so they did.

It took about 10 minutes once they finally called Haylee in, everything was good this time and they said she could expect to see the passport on January 16th.
Yay, glad that is finally taken care of.

We hit the road for home then, we did go through the drive through at Tim Horton's for peppermint iced capps and bagel belts.

I dropped her off home and headed down to the office to work for the rest of the day.

I got home to an obstacle course.
Freya had spent the day with Jason and went a bit crazy with the electrical tape.

She had tape going everywhere plus she taped up the door knobs, the remote control and some scissors.
It kept her occupied and she enjoyed it so what's a little electrical tape anyway?

Morgan came by after supper.
I'm going to make a few Christmas gifts for her so she came to show me what she wanted.
I'm going to do this kind of sign for her father-in-law, the outside circle will be all the families names though.

Then I'm going to do this wreath for her Mother-in-law.
I'll need to pick up some greenery like what they show in this picture but I'll use some buffalo check ribbon I have at home already for the bow.
I'm also going to make the little wood slice ornaments for the kids that she watches.

I was anxious to get started on painting my bells.
I decided to do 4 and 4.
This is the first layer of color I put on the silver bells.
I added a bit of glaze to it.

This was the color I went with for the first layer on the gold bells.

That's the first layer done.

I can't decide if I like the gold or the silver better.
I left them to dry and went and hopped on the treadmill.

I did my 1 mile again (incline of 1.0 and speed of 4.0).

Felt good to get it done as always - tomorrow I'm going to bump up the speed a bit.

I got a few more layers of colors put onto the bells.
I think the gold is looking a little bright - I'll need to tone that down a bit.
I'm thinking tomorrow I hopefully can finish them up and add the rope and stuff to them.

Kody and Haylee came by tonight too for a visit and they had some supper with us.
They wanted to take Freya home too but she wanted to stay so she did.
Jason will take her to school in the morning.

Just before bed she decided that she wanted to draw.
It seems like just yesterday her drawings were all scribbles and then all of a sudden today, she's this great little artist.

I love all the details she adds.
We were so impressed - Jason framed them and hung them up and she thought that was just great.

She told Jason when looking for the frames ' today was a really good day Papa' - aww, how sweet.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment