Tuesday 20 December 2022

Freya's First In Person School Christmas Concert (Dec.19, 2022)

Weigh in day - Ugh.

I am just so disappointed in myself - I'm totally going the wrong way.

I was 210 lbs.

That's up .6 from last week.
I started the year in the low 190's and wanted to go down and instead, I'm up nearly 20.
Each morning I think I'm going to get control of it but then I don't.
It's really truly hard but I know I can do it and I'm not giving up on myself.

Adrien shared this memory of Hunter - Aww, he was so cute.

I took my new signs down to the hardware at lunch time.
Things don't really seem to be moving.
I don't think I'll make anything else now for the rest of this year.
I would like to get a jump on next year though and start a whole lot earlier.

Freya spent the night at Crystal's place Saturday night and looks like they made ornaments over there too.
Love her little ballerina pose.

They also made and decorated cookies.

And a gingerbread house.
They were busy.

Kody's car was ready to be picked up today and both Haylee and Freya had doctor appointments in Barrhead this afternoon so I gave them a drive down there.
Haylee has a bump on her arm she wants to get checked out and Freya has been getting little bumps on the back of her knee and now they are showing up on her shoulder and armpit.
Turns out Haylee's bump is just a cyst, nothing to worry about and Freya has eczema.

I stuck around until they were done then followed them home just to make sure they made it ok.
Kody's car still has an issue with the timing chain or something that needs to be fixed in the next couple months but you never know and it was super cold out there today (-29C) so not a good day to break down.

The kids Christmas concert was tonight - it's been a couple years since they had one in person and this will be our first time seeing Freya perform in one in person.
Jason got the night shift guy to come in early so he could come too - the guy kind of forgot so we ended up getting there just as the concert was starting.

First up was the bells and Alivia is part of that group.
She is looking so mature and grown up these days.

Then it was time for the Pre-K group.
Freya was acting shy.

Getting the group all situated.

I think she was scanning the audience for Mom and Dad.

They didn't really do a whole lot of singing but they were doing the actions.

Next up were the Kindergartener's.

The little ones are so much fun to watch.

Then the grade 2's were up.
Both Zepplyn and Hunter were in this group.

Hunter actually sang and did the actions - I was impressed.
He is such a serious little guy.
Zepplyn looked pretty serious about what she was doing too.

The bell choir came back out for another performance.

After the pre-k's performed, all the kids came out and sat with their parents in the audience.

Freya had Grandma Crystal's phone and she was taking a lot of pictures.

She bopped around and sat with Jason for a bit then with me then she took my phone and went and sat by mom and dad and watched YouTube videos and that kept her occupied.
Which was good because the last group, the grades 4, 5 & 6 performed 8 songs and it was Looooooong.
Too long if you ask me.
I think 3 would have sufficed but anyway.

Freya wanted to come to our place for the night but we both work in the morning so she couldn't.
We headed home and it was almost 9 pm.
We had some snacks and watched an old Bing Crosby Christmas special then headed to bed.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment