Sunday 4 December 2022

Fall/Halloween Decorating Has Begun (Sept.21, 2022)

I wanted to make a conscious effort to get at least 10,000 steps today so I headed out for a walk to the road and back this morning.

There was a bit of a chill in the air but the sun was out and it was beautiful.
I tried a little bit of a run but it's still a no go - I could feel it in my groin and my knee immediately.
Such a bummer.

After lunch, I rode my bike down to work, I went for a little bike ride around town first.

Going to work is pretty easy but going back home at the end of the day, that's when it gets hard.
It's all uphill pretty much and there are a couple hills, one that is particularly tough.

Boy, do I ever feel like I've fallen out of shape and it's only been a month really since I stopped running.
I'm glad nobody was near my when I was going up the hills because I was just panting like crazy.

When I got home, I puttered around a got a few little projects done.

I got this little stained glass bird at the farmer's market in Fairmont when we were there and I just drilled a couple holes in a wood slice I had, glued it in there and now it's perfect for displaying.

I put a coat of primer on the cauldron.

Normally I wouldn't have but it's kind of a shiny material, looks like metal but I think it might be plastic.

I'm not too sure really but I wanted to make sure that the paint would stick and that I would be able to glue on the handles that I'm making.

This is the mini version of what I'm using for a handle (I forgot to take a picture of the bigger one before I beefed it up).

As you can see, it's quite thin, not substantial enough for the look I want.

I wanted the handles to be moveable so I put these beads I had on the rings.

I had some thin foam from a package I got in the mail so I cut that in strips and wrapped it around the ring to make it thicker but the ring still moves freely inside the bead which is what I want.

Next step will be figuring out how to glue it to the cauldron so that it stays - I am not sure if just glue will do the trick.

I ordered these wooden slices to make some Christmas tree ornaments and they were a bit smaller than what I was expecting but I thought I'd try making a few anyway.

If they turn out the way I hope, I may order some bigger slices and make bigger ones.

Or I'll just get Jason to cut me some - I kind of like these ones though because they are nice and thin.

I printed off pictures of the kids in black and white and mod podged them on to the wood slices.
I then sprayed it with a coat of varnish.

Now I am just going to add little red pom pom noses ( I thought I had some but I don't so I'll need to pick some up next time I'm at the dollar store).

Then I just need to add a hanger of some sort - there is a pre-drilled hole in each slice but I put the pictures over top of it so I can't use it.

I  could poke out the hole but it might come through on the faces or something and I don't want that.

I think they are going to look cute but now that I've seen how they look, I think I will order bigger slices and then instead of making the pictures fill the slice entirely, I'll leave some of the wood slice showing around the picture and make sure that I leave the pre drilled holes outside the pictures so I can use them.

My plan is to make two of each of my nieces and nephews and of course Freya.
One set will be for me then the second set will be for their parents.

I decided to go down and look through my Halloween/Fall stuff to see if I maybe had a long black straight wig possibly that I could use for my swing girl.

Amazingly enough, I did have one.

I tend to pick up stuff after Halloween when it's on sale for like 75 or 90 percent off.
There usually isn't much left but the odd time I'll find something good and pick it up for my stash.
I must have picked up the wig one of those times.

Since I was down there into it, I decided I might as well bring it up and decorate.
I still love these pumpkins just as much as when I first made them a couple years ago.

This pumpkin I just made last year and I still love it too.
I made a few to sell in my booth at the Hardware and they didn't do as well as I thought they would which surprised me.

This is the skull guy I made when I was playing around with some of my IOD moulds.
Still like him too.

And of course you know I like my dollies - I think this witch is beautiful.
She is sitting in Freya's rocking chair right now.

I thought about getting the air brush out but I need to add some sleeves to the swing girls dress and I have to go to the second hand store to find something to use for sleeves so I figured I'd just wait until I had that done and paint the whole thing at the same time.

I'll make a run to the second hand store on Saturday.
Jason worked more on his faun when he got home from work.
He attached the horns to the head.

He also worked on getting the measurements to make the frame for my swing girl.
I can't wait to see it all come together.

I had to do some walking around the living room while I was watching tv to reach the 10,000 step mark but I did it!

I thought about changing my goal in my fitbit settings down to 10,000 but I think starting October, I'm really going to try for 13,000 steps a day again.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment