Monday 19 December 2022

My Complicated Relationship with Snow. (Dec.16, 2022)

 It's Friday - my favorite day of the week!

First - check in with Molly.


Zepplyn and Molly wearing their Christmas sweaters.

At lunch I took my new signs and dropped them off at the hardware.
Things don't really seem to be moving at all.
The fun for me is all in the creating anyway - making a bit of extra on the side is nice but turning scrap wood into something beautiful is what I really get enjoyment from.

Work is really slow and likely will be until Christmas now, a lot of people are already finished until the New Year - not me, I'll be working until the bitter end which is Dec.22 so not that bad really.

Since I didn't have much going on, I left an hour early.
I thought about heading to Whitecourt to pick up a few things but it was snowing steadily out there so I decided against it and I'm glad I did - I heard the highways were treacherous.

Instead I went home and shoveled.
I got the driveway all done.

And the sidewalk.
It was snowing softly the whole time so when I finished, it was all covered again.
It was like I hadn't even done anything.
Have I ever mentioned that I don't like snow?
Sometimes in the winter I feel like snow is my mortal enemy πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

My mantra the whole time I'm shoveling is 'I f-ing hate snow' but at the same time, I'm grateful for the workout I get from shoveling and I'm very anal about how I shovel - I want it to look very neat and clean when I'm done so I do make it harder on myself than it needs to be.

Also I do have to admit that everything always looks so beautiful after a fresh snowfall.

I went inside and hopped on the treadmill.
I've been skipping it and I don't want to do that anymore so I ran a mile, just at a speed of 4.0.

I always feel better after a work out.

I had a chill that I just couldn't shake so I decided to have a bath to see if that would warm me up - it did.

I put on some cozy pj's and found a Christmas movie to watch.
I settled on Long Lost Christmas.
I liked it.

This was from last night after dance.
Ella's mom drove them but Ella must have gone over to play with Freya afterwards.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment