Sunday 4 December 2022

Back to work and Weigh In Day (Sept.7, 2022)

 Vacation is officially over and it was back to work for me today.

It was also weigh in day as well even though it's Wednesday and not Monday, I just wanted to assess the damage.

(My poor toes are starting to look a bit better thankfully)

I was 211.0 lbs this morning.

That's a gain of 5.6 lbs since my last weigh in.
It's the highest I've seen on the scale in a very long time and it's also the highest I'm going to let myself go.
It's back on track today and we have no vacations or trips planned so it should be easier to stay on track.
I've got my mind made up that I'm going to do it regardless and I am.

Work was busy of course, it always is after I return from a vacation - just catching up on emails can take me days sometimes.
That's ok though, I prefer to be busy over having nothing to do, it just makes the days go by faster and this one just flew by.

After work I did a bit of cleaning up around the house, made myself a salad for supper and got caught up on a few YouTuber's that I like to watch - mainly the Bates family ones.

I had an FCSS meeting at 7 pm.
It was nice to see everyone after the summer and catch up.
I filled them all in on my marathon experience.


Freya is back to school tomorrow - she's in Pre-K again this year as she is only four so two days a week for 3 hours each day.
Last year she was Monday's and Wednesday's and this year she goes on Tuesday's and Thursday's.
It actually started back on Tuesday but we were still in BC so she'll start tomorrow.

I wanted to get her one of these signs but I didn't think to order it in time.
I looked at Walmart quickly yesterday for a blackboard or whiteboard I could use to make her one but couldn't find one.

I asked Trina at FCSS if they had something in their office I could borrow and she said she'd just spent the day cleaning out the whole office and she just happened to have a smaller whiteboard that was heading to the garbage so she gave it to me.

So when I got home from the meeting, I made this for Freya.
It was kind of rushed but it will do and I'll make something better for next year.

Haylee posted a bunch of pictures from our trip so I thought I would just share them here.

Freya and Haylee in Fort Steele.

There was a little Farmer's Market in Fairmont that we went to and Crystal got Zepplyn this cute little poncho.

Freya saw it and wanted one too so Crystal got her one, this is what she picked out.
She just loved it and even though it was close to 30 C out, she wore it most of the day.

I love that little face.
(Note she's still wearing the poncho)

Getting a lift with Daddy (still wearing the poncho)

We took the kids bowling.

Excited that she knocked a couple of pins over - she actually got some air there!

Haylee on the back deck of our VRBO.
We had a couple smoky days due to a forest fire in Jasper and you couldn't see the mountains at all but luckily it cleared back up for our last couple days there.

Haylee and Freya.

Zepplyn and Freya at Fort Steele waiting to go on a train ride.

A little cowboy and his girl (Fort Steele).

Playing in the sand at Kinsmen Beach in Invermere on our last full day.

Ready for the beach.
We had such lovely weather while we were there that we actually had a few beach days.

Haylee and Freya again.

Fort Steele.

Relaxing in the hot spring pools near our VRBO.
It wasn't the actual Fairmont Hot Springs but I think it might have been the run off from them.

We did some second hand and antique shopping and Haylee found this cute Harley Quinn costume for Freya that fit her perfectly and she loved it.

My groin is still bothering me as are my knees and my feet so I haven't been doing much for exercise at all.
I'm feeling really guilty about it and I really don't want to lose the gains I made in running but I'm also afraid to start again until I'm completely healed up.

I think the weight I've gained back is part of the reason that I'm hurting and as I start losing again, I'm hoping that helps to make me feel better.

I'm going to try getting 13,000 steps a day on Saturday and Sunday this weekend and if it feels good and doesn't flare anything up, I'll continue on with that.

Then I'll just keep hoping that my pain goes away and as soon as I stop limping, I'm going to try to get back to running, even if it's only short runs to begin with.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment