Sunday 4 December 2022

December Goals and A Rock Star For A Sister (Nov.29, 2022)

I had planned on heading over to the conference room and having breakfast but I didn't sleep well at all last night so I was super tired and decided to have a little bit of a sleep in.

(Even though we had no meeting today, they still had breakfast coming so wanted us all to come and eat it so it wouldn't go to waste).

My plan for today was to make a couple stops at a few places then head home later in the afternoon.
However, my boss ended up calling me around 7:30 - our Superintendent was wanting to have a meeting at 10am to go over some stuff and wanted to know if I could make it.
I was kind of sleepy so said no problem.

If I'd been thinking, I'd have just told her I'd pop over to the St. Albert office and meet with him there but instead my still sleepy brain packed everything up in my room as quickly as I could, jumped in the car and headed home.

Once I was more awake I realized there was no way I was making it home by 10.
It was almost 8 when I got in the car and home is about a 2.5 hour drive away.

I waited until I was closer to home just in case something else came up, I wasn't sure how the roads or the traffic was going to be but it was all fine so I texted Cam and rescheduled our meeting for 10:30 and was able to make it no problem.

Jason sent me a picture of the dear head he's been working on.
I think it looks amazing!
When I got home for lunch and saw it in person I was even more impressed.
It looks much better in person.
He's going to mount it on a plaque the same way you would a real dear head and I think it is going to look awesome.

I took all of the trees Jason had whipped up yesterday and the lanterns down to the Hardware and added them to my booth down there.
Wonder if these ones will sell as fast.

Freya did end up going to school this morning then Haylee asked if Jason could watch her afterwards as she and Kody were both working.
Of course Jason did - he loves having her.

She is looking really tiny to me, like thinner or something.
Jason weighed her and she does seem to be down roughly 5 lbs which is a lot for a little thing like her.
She was around 45 lbs and now she is just 39 lbs.
A bit concerning but she has been sick so we are just going to focus on feeding her and we'll keep an eye on the weight and see what happens.
If it keeps going down, we'll have to take her in to the Doctor but I suspect once she's back to feeling better that she'll go back up in her weight too.

He said she still isn't feeling 100% so he did spend some time this afternoon just sitting with her on the couch watching YouTube videos.
He did some Pinterest browsing and found a few more wood projects he wants to take on.

My sister posted this, she's so funny.
 

Kudos to her - she doesn't wait around or lament that she has no one to help her do things, she just gets out there and does it.
She's currently putting in a bathroom in her basement.
I don't even think I'd ever have the courage to attempt something like that by myself.
She's a total Rock Star!

Haylee, her mom and Zepplyn all headed to the city for the night - they are heading to Service Canada in the morning to apply for their passports and Kody ended up having to work really late and he has to go back out really early in the morning so Freya spent the night with us again.

She was snacking more in the evening so that's encouraging.
She had hot dogs with mustard to dip them in and Nutella.

She and I went to the store earlier to get mom pizza and she picked out a few snacks, one of them was a bottle of Nutella.
I didn't want to get it but we ran into my brother Rob while we were there and he said if I was concerned about her losing weight then why not let her have the Nutella.

He was right so I let her get it and she ate it later right out of the jar with a spoon.
Neither Jason nor I likes it so it will only be for her anyway.

She wanted a bath so that gave me an opportunity to put a base coat on a few things that I was working on and Jason went out and worked on making the backboard/plaque for the deer.
He also gave it all a dark stain.

After her bath, she begrudgingly let me brush her hair then asked for her 4th hot dog of the day.
I got it for her and she ate two bites then was out like a light.

Jason was still out in the garage so I got to catch up on some of my Bates family vlogs before he came in.
Apparently there was an earthquake around Peace River area and after shocks were felt as far away as Whitecourt, ValleyView, here and even the city.

Haylee texted to see if we'd felt it because she saw someone post about it on Facebook.

Neither Jason nor I noticed a thing but mom did.
She said the lamps were all shaking, everything was shaking.
Can't believe I didn't notice a thing. 

I've not been doing well with my steps or WW or eating.
I've been just eating whatever lately and too much of it.

I was looking at pictures from when I was much heavier and I NEVER want to be there again but if I don't be careful, that's exactly where I'm headed.
I didn't even do a weigh in this week.

In my defense, I wasn't here yesterday morning or this morning either but I've already decided I'm not weighing in tomorrow.

If I'm up, which I likely am, it will just be depressing.
If I'm down, which is unlikely, that would make me feel like maybe I haven't been being as bad as I think I am and that wouldn't be good either.
I think subconsciously I would allow myself to continue on the path that I'm on and its not a healthy one.
I really want to get back on track.

I've also been thinking about December goals.
I don't want to have a whole list of things so I'm just making myself one goal and that's to run at least 1 mile every day.
There is no reason why I can't do that and I'm hoping it will get me back into the swing of things as far as running goes.
My groin hasn't been bothering me at all and I hope I don't trigger anything but 1 mile is not that far so I think I should be good.
Of course I'm going to pay close attention to my body and if anything does start hurting I may have to adjust my goals but I really hope that doesn't happen.

I'm also going to try to eat better and track better but I also know with Christmas right around the corner that there are going to be treats and I'm ok with myself having some, I just can't go on a binge or let myself just throw caution to the wind and have an all out gorge fest.

I think that is doable.

Anyway, that's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment