Sunday 4 December 2022

River Valley Run, Urban Diner, Thairific and Piercings All Around (Oct.16, 2022)

 We woke up to another nice day so Jason and I got out for runs again.

It was a little warmer today than it was yesterday.

Jason went down into the river valley for his run but I wasn't quite feeling up to this big hill you have to do to go there so I walked with him for a bit then turned off before the hill for my run.
I kind of followed along beside the river valley but up by the top so I had a nice view of it.

My exercise details.
The run felt hard for the first few minutes but once I got going it got better.
I ended up doing just over 5k.

My splits and average pace.

I'm pretty happy with a 7.25 and it felt so good to be back running again.

My first two runs since the marathon, took just about 2 months to heal up completely (from my groin injury, not the marathon).
It was hard to wait but I think it's good that I did - I had no pain in my groin at all.

Jason got some nice shots of the river valley on his run today.
These stairs are killer.
Good Workout though.

Walter Dale Bridge - I think it's a really pretty bridge.

Running through the park in Autumn.

After our runs, we packed up, checked out and headed to brunch with Haylee, Crystal and the girls.
We decided to go to the Urban Diner.

Freya and Papa.

Haylee.

Crystal and Zepplyn.

Freya and I and Jason.

They have this delicious Banoffee Pie and they only had one slice so I ordered that right away and had it first before my meal.
I shared with everyone so they could all taste it and it was just as good as I remembered.

I had apple stuffed french toast with orange cream cheese.
It was ok - Freya ate all of my fruit.

After brunch, the girls all headed to do some shopping and possible get some piercings and Jason and I headed to do some shopping of our own.

We made stops at Costco, Winners and Walmart then went and had some supper before heading home.
We decided to have some Thai at a little place in Spruce Grove, Thairific.

We ordered cream cheese crab bites for an appetizer but they were all out so we got green onion cakes instead.
I love dipping them in the fish sauce dip you get with vermicelli dishes.
They chef tried to make it for me but it wasn't quite the same.
The green onion cakes were good though.

I had a teriyaki vegetable dish.

Jason had a green curry.
We had it with coconut rice and it was really good.
We had lots of left overs to take home too.

We got home around 7:30 and it took us about an hour to unload the car and then pack everything away.

I still needed to get 20 minutes done on the treadmill and I totally didn't want to do it but I did anyway.

We decided that we'd both watch the new Rachel Maksy video at the same time, Jason upstairs and me downstairs while I was on the treadmill.

I got the 20 minutes done, I just walked the whole time but still proud of me that I did it.

The ones you do when you really don't want to often end up being the ones you are most proud of when you are done.

The girls did go for piercings.
Haylee got her 'Monroe' one.
I never knew it was called that.

Zepplyn got her ears done.

Freya did too and she was so proud of herself.
Kody said she was showing them off to everyone when she got home.

It was a good weekend but when you are away all weekend, it doesn't feel like you get much of a rest.
So kind of bummed that it's back to work tomorrow but it is what it is.
Stayed up a bit later than I should have and I'm going to regret that in the morning for sure.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment