Sunday 4 December 2022

Pumpkin Carving (Oct.29, 2022)

 Jason, Freya and I were all up super early tonight.

Jason had a few things he wanted to get done this morning so Freya and I hung out and watched some tv.

I wanted to get out to the dump today to drop a few more things off so after Jason finished up his items, we all headed out to the garage to do a bit more clean up.

Jason, Freya, Mom and I were all out there.

My plan was just to load a few things on the truck to take to the dump but we ended up doing some more clean up.

We got the work table all cleaned off.

It's looking so good!

All that's left now is the work bench and this shelf.

I need to figure out a storage solution for some of the tools and screws and stuff then I'll get out here and finish organizing the rest.

Mom wanted this chair taken to the dump too.

The cats have been using it as a scratching post.
I took pictures so I could post it - I thought someone might like to have it for their garage or something but then we decided that we'd just keep it for a scratching post for the cats.
We just moved it to the workout room.

Jason and I did get a truck load taken out to the dump though.
It always feels so good to get stuff done!

Freya kept asking for Hunter to come over so I called Adrien to see if the kids wanted to come carve pumpkins and spend the night.
They were carving pumpkins with the kids too but said they'd bring them by after.

I thought Zepplyn was going to come spend the night but I never did hear from Crystal.

We had a ton of pumpkins.
Jason and I had picked up a couple then Calvin, (a co-worker of mine), brought me 8 little pumpkins from his garden.
So we all had lots of pumpkins to choose from.

We all got to work.

Freya drew the 'face' she wanted on her pumpkin (the red markings on the pumpkin) and I said I'd cut it out.
She said she wanted a 'winking' face so I found one and drew on the face with the black.

This is the final look.
I was happy with how it turned out.

I would have carved another but for some reason my hands got really super itchy.
I couldn't stop scratching them.

I'm not sure if it was from the pumpkin or if they were just dry but either way, I decided I didn't want to put my hands in any more pumpkins this evening.

She found another picture of a pumpkin with a big toothy grin and wanted Jason to carve that out of another pumpkin for her.
I think it turned out pretty good.
Freya picked the design for this pumpkin and then Jason carved it out.

Jason found this idea of making the pumpkin foam at the mouth with baking soda and vinegar so we gave it a try.
Pumpkin foaming at the mouth.

Freya thought it was great and wanted to do it again.
So, Pumpkin foaming at the mouth take two.

We ended up with a bunch of pumpkin creations.
I lined them all up on the counter.

Freya showing off her pumpkin.
She drew the face on and then she also stabbed it with a butter knife a few times and took a few chunks out of it - she was pretty proud.

Alivia carved two.

Hunter drew two - he didn't want to carve them.

Alivia was having a friend spend the night so Adrien and Mel came and picked her up around 10 but Hunter stayed for the night with us.

They are having a Halloween party in town tonight and Morgan is going.
She posted this picture of her in her costume.
Love it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment