Sunday 4 December 2022

WCSS Conference and Wood Working Fiend (Nov.28, 2022)

They provide us breakfast before the conference so I got ready and headed on down there this morning.

Breakfast was 7:15 to 8:00 then the conference began at 8 am. 

There was eggs, hash browns and my favorite, bacon.

I even went back for seconds of bacon - I got myself a napkin full of it to snack on through the morning.

I also had a plate full of fruit for a mid morning snack.

Just a few shots from the conference.
We were at the River Cree last year which was ok but I'm glad they have it back at the FantasyLand this year.
I like it much better here.

I always find it interesting.
They send a few chairmen to Conferences throughout the year then they come back and do a presentation about what they saw/learned.

They always have a few guys share case studies too - so learnings from spills that happened.
How they managed, what they learned, what worked well, what could have been better.
I always find those really interesting.

This is the 50th anniversary of when WCSS was started so they had this big sign that they had everyone sign.
Kind of cool.

Meanwhile, Jason had a little visitor again.
She was feeling a bit better, still not 100% though.

She was making a treat for me to eat when I got home.

Doesn't that look delicious?

Then went to the store and she picked out some little stained glass window things that you paint and got right to it as soon as they got home.
Jason said there was only one tree left at the store of all the ones we'd dropped off so if he had time
he planned on making more.

He also started making a deer head - He saw one on Pinterest that he quite liked so he is going to take a shot at making one.

He saw these cute lanterns too and is going to try to make some of these.
I love them.

Amy picked ice cream sandwiches for our mid afternoon snack - great call.
It was a great perk me up.

We were able to finish up everything we needed to cover today by 4:30 so we don't have to come back tomorrow.
That happened last year as well so they are considering doing just a one day next year.

They always have a social from 5 - 7 so I went back to my room to drop off some stuff then headed back to the social for a bit.
They have drinks and appetizers.
I stayed there and visited until about 6:30 then I headed out to the mall to do some shopping.

I walked the mall from one end to the other.
Didn't get a whole lot but I did get a few things.
I got Kody and Freya the Hallmark ornaments that I get them every year.

I was back in my room by 8 pm

I was on the Western themed floor this time, floor 7.
I don't think I've been on this floor before.

I like how the doors look like they are stable doors with horses looking out.

 - I picked up a Cinnabon cinnamon bun to take to the room with me and that was my supper.

The view from my hotel room.

That's the big pirate ship in the mall down there.

Jason sent me a few pictures of what he was up to today.
Kody picked Freya up in the afternoon so Jason had lots of time to go out and do some work.
He made a couple lanterns - I think they turned out amazing.

He made a few more trees too.

In fact he knocked out 6 of them.
He was a busy boy.
They seem to be selling like hotcakes and they aren't very hard to make so as long as they keep selling, we'll keep making them.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment