Sunday 4 December 2022

Weigh In Day and Witches Galore (Sept.26, 2022)

 It's Monday and you know what that means - weigh in day!

I was 203 lbs.

(My toes are finally starting to look better)

That's down 1.2 lbs from last week.
So heading in the right direction still but just crawling.

I'll take it though.

I kind of went nuts for nuts on the weekend and while I know my eating didn't get completed out of hand, I didn't track it like I should have.
Something to work on for this week.

We were lucky to have another beautiful, sunshiny day out there so I went for a good walk right to the turn off to town this morning.

I also went for another in the afternoon but just to the road and back.
Working on getting those 13,000 steps in today!

I went home at lunch and I had planned to take my bike back to work but I got reading my book and I ended up finishing it.
It was kind of a far fetched story but it did keep me interested.

Anyway, I didn't realize the time but it was about 1:10 when I did finish which meant I was late so I ended up taking the car back to work.

My sister and the boys are on their third day without power now due to Hurricane Fiona so they are finding things to do to stay entertained.
Old school board games which she (and they) love anyway.

After work, Kody and Freya popped over so I could help him with his resume.
I really didn't feel like spending any more time on the computer though so I asked if we could do it tomorrow.

Freya REALLY wanted to paint so I got her all geared up to go.

She was pretty happy!

It started out good but by the end she had all the colors mixed together and she wasn't just finger painting, she was whole hand and arm painting.

She just loves making a mess.

I wanted my witch to have arms so I cut slits up the side of the skirt and sewed them back together on either side of the slit, to close the skirt back up and to make the sleeve.

I think it worked.

She looks a bit short though so I think when I put it outside that I'll raise it up.
There is quite a bit of skirt puddled there at the bottom so I do have some wiggle room.
Either that or I need to find smaller heads.

I put together another little witch.
I bought this costume as is and I just happened to find a purple witches hat to go with it which was great - I found the hat at one store and the costume at another.
She needs a head and a wig.

Crystal and Zepplyn dropped by to bring some girl guide cookies for mom and as soon as she saw Freya, Zepplyn wanted to stay so I let her.

She wanted me to watch her Tik Tok video that she just put up but I don't have Tik Tok.
I tried to get it on the tv but I don't have an account and it wouldn't let me search so we scrapped that idea.
Instead, we made a couple of our own videos instead and I posted them on YouTube so the girls could watch themselves on tv.

Showing us her Peppa Pig snort - this is what she did on her Tik Tok video.

Freya wanted a turn at doing the video taping.

I asked the girls to show me their dance skills.
It turned into cartwheels at the end.
Freya has just started doing them recently and she's getting much better already.

My little missy, I love her so much.

They wanted to play outside but they both had school in the morning so Kody wanted to get them home.
As a compromise we all went for a walk to the end of the street and back.
They were good with that. 

I've been seeing some YouTube crafters make versions of the Sanderson sisters from Hocus Pocus and I thought I might like to make my own set so I was looking up their hairstyles and colors.

Then I cam across this and I thought it looked like a fabulous idea, I just may try to do this.

This was just another image that I thought might look good as well, I could put it up higher on the house.

Jason worked a bit more on his faun this evening when he got home and I watched some more YouTube.
I pay for all these streaming services and honestly, YouTube is pretty much all I watch lately - I could save myself so much money if I just got rid of all the other stuff!

I didn't reach the 13,000 step mark, I'm disappointed in myself.
I should have went out for a walk or something but after the kids left I just didn't feel like it.
Tomorrow is a new day, a new start.
There is no reason why I can't get this done.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment