Sunday 4 December 2022

Weigh In Day and Crafting (Oct.3, 2022)

 Monday means weigh in day.

I went crazy eating zucchini cookies over the weekend so I was expecting to be up and I was right.

I weighed in at 206.6 lbs.

That's up 3.6 lbs since last week.

It took me 3 weeks to lose 3.2 lbs and then I just blew it all in one weekend.
Let me just say that losing weight it so hard.

I've been struggling just to get back into Onederland and I'm having a tough time.

I'll do really well for a few days then I have an off day, then really well again for a few days then 2 off days etc.

I know I can do it - I just wish it were easier.
I'm not giving up though, all I can do is just keep on trying and hope that the good days outnumber the bad.

My shadow and I got out for a walk this morning.
I'm so loving the fall we are being blessed with this year.

I think this is the best Autumn weather we have ever had since I've lived here and that's been 13 years now.

Jason sent me a picture of the kitties cuddling together this morning.
Sometimes we find them like this and other times they are fighting like they are mortal enemies.
(I prefer when they are cuddle buddies).

I took a few things down to the Hardware to add to my booth, like this wreath.

And Mr. Jack-o-lantern.
I really like this guy - maybe I should have kept him for myself

My booth is looking pretty good.

Some of the pumpkins aren't moving so I think I might lower the prices a bit.

Not sure if it's the colors or what.
Guess I'll know if I lower the price and they still don't go.

I may take this one home and change the leaves on it to green leaves or something.
We'll see.

I rode my bike down to work when I went back after lunch.
Trying to get back to the activity level I was at before the marathon.

I'm really trying for my 13,000 steps per day too so I got back out this afternoon for another walk to the road.

I always try to run a little bit to see how it feels and I actually noticed a big improvement today.

It still hurt just a little but I wasn't noticeably limping or hobbling is a better word to describe it.

I think I'm at like 95% healed and I'm so excited - I think I might actually be able to get out for a run this weekend.

It was such a gorgeous day out there.
I don't think the leaves have ever stayed on the trees this long after they turned color and I love it.

Jason sent me this picture in the afternoon, Freya is back in town and she wanted to visit with Jason.
They went out for dinner and shared a donair and fries and now they are having ice cream for dessert.

He was going to ride his bike down and meet me after work so we could ride home together but when I texted him to see if I should wait for him, he said he ran it by Little Miss and she wasn't into biking down to the office.

They were too busy at the store doing this.
She loves walking back and forth on the cement blocks in front of the store.

There is a whole row of them and I think she could literally do it for hours.
She likes just hanging out on them too - I think it makes her feel like a big girl..

Making shadow puppets.

I hopped on my bike after work and met them at the store (they were still there).
We played a couple of games of red light/green light then decided to go home.
Since they were just walking, I just walked my bike home with them.

As we were walking, I suddenly could hear someone behind me shouting 'get out of the way' or 'watch out' or something like that.

Jason and Freya were walking on the sidewalk and I had my bike up on the sidewalk and was walking on the road beside it and I thought maybe the person was yelling at me so I got up on the sidewalk too.

Then suddenly this guy comes flying by on his bike from behind us.
He had his dog with him and he was holding the dog's leash.
There was another guy with a dog that had just come out of an apartment building and his dog went running toward the other dog right in front of the guy on the bike.

So the guy on the bike ran right into the dog, hit him pretty hard, flipped and landed on the road.
His bike was in pieces and he was really hurt, couldn't get up.

It all happened so fast right in front of us.

Jason got down to talk to him and ended up calling the ambulance.
The guy couldn't move his arm and he figured he broke his arm and his ankle.

Meanwhile, a few others stopped to help and everyone driving by was stopping to see if he was ok.

The ambulance got there and I wanted to take Freya home and just let Jason stay there and deal with stuff but she was really worried about the man that was hurt and wanted to stay to make sure that he was ok.

His dog was there running around and we knew he couldn't take it in the ambulance with him.
We asked if there was someone that could take his dog and he said no but that the RCMP knew his dog and they could take him.

So Jason called the RCMP and they ended up coming down, getting a statement and said they'd look for the dog (he had taken off by this point).

He got Jason's info and then we were on our way.

He did call Jason back later to let him know that the man ended up having a dislocated shoulder and a couple of cracked ribs but he was going to be ok.
Not sure if they ended up finding the dog - I hope so.

When we got back to the house, we raided Jason's tomatoes.
There are a ton of them in there, this is just a very small section.

Freya picked a handful of them too.
Mine didn't even make it into the house, I ate them all.
They are so delicious straight off the vine like that.

Freya wanted a bubble bath and she wanted the jets so we put them on for her.

We usually leave unplugged because it has randomly just turned on a couple of times when nobody was even in the tub so we never use it.

The bubbles were practically over flowing out of the tub and she thought that was great.

You can barely see her in there.

Jason kept an eye on her and I went down to get my 20 minutes done on the treadmill.

I tried a minute of running and it was still feeling much better, not 100% but the best it's been in a long time.
I don't want to push it so I'm going to give it a few more days.

I'm just so thankful that I'm healing, I was beginning to think I never would.

So instead of running, I just walked and upped the incline every minute.
I made it up to 7.5 for the incline today.

Feels good to make goals for myself and complete them (even if they are small ones).

I tried the reverse transfer method on these and it turned out pretty good.

It did rub off a bit of the words when I was rubbing off the paper but that just adds to the rustic look that I like.

I added some beads and string and I think they turned out awesome.

I loved making them too, I think I'm going to make a bunch more.

These were all from one stake that I had and I have a bunch more.

They use them in the field all the time and then they end up in the garbage so Jason gathers them for me and brings them home for projects like this.

Kody came over and had some supper and hung out for a while.
He wanted to take Freya home but she wanted to spend the night so he let her but said he'd come pick her up in the morning to take her to school.
 
Freya did our make up right before we went to bed.
I think the headband she put on Jason really makes the look!

Three days in a row of all green - go me!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment