Wednesday 4 January 2023

Christmas Eve Eve (Dec.23, 2022)

Molly check in.

Looks like she was busy drawing all night.

 Jason had a little photo shoot with Paddington this morning.

The lighting was a bit dark but he was just sitting there so nicely.

He looks so chunky - I think Mom secretly gives them a LOT of treats.
I found this movie to watch on Netflix this morning while I had my coffee.
It was set in Norway and it was captioned but it was a really cute movie, I quite enjoyed it.
It was set in an airport that was shut down on Christmas evening due to stormy weather and it just told the stories of all the people were there, some people holidaying and some that worked there and how their stories kind of intertwined.

Mom wanted to do some shopping so I took her to the store and I decided to try this new game where you wrap a bunch of things up in Saran Wrap then everyone gets a turn to try to unwrap it and get the treats out.
I didn't have a lot of options but I found a few things.

Freya was home with Jason and she found this vest and tried it on.
I had found it at a second hand store and bought it to cut up and use for gnome beards but it was so cute that I didn't want to cut it up and decided to keep it instead for Freya to wear someday.
It is still a bit big on her.

Kody and Haylee came and picked her up and they went out for something to eat.
Freya loves hot stuff.

When I got back from shopping, I gathered up all the supplies and got the saran wrap ball put together.
I had all this stuff plus scratch tickets, loonies, twoonies then the final gift right in the center of the ball is a 50 dollar bill.

I'm having the family all over tonight - everyone had other places they are going tomorrow night and family time is really the whole point of Christmas.
Morgan wasn't feeling good so unfortunately she didn't come and Mel had to work but everyone else was able to make it.

We invited Randy, Crystal and Zepplyn as well - they are just like family.

Kody, Haylee and Freya were the first to arrive - we took some family pictures in front of the tree.

The kids were getting along great tonight - they were watching videos on the table together.

We all sat in the kitchen and ate goodies.
We had lots of leftovers from last night and I made another surprise dip.

My brothers, Adrien and Rob.

It's so hard to get a picture where everyone looks good at the same time.

Alivia and I.

After we snacked a bit, we decided to try the saran wrap game.
The idea was that one person would start trying to unravel the saran wrap and see what they could get, they could keep going until the next person rolled doubles with a couple dice.
Then it would be that persons turn until the next doubles were rolled and so on.

You also had to do it wearing a pair of oven mitts.

The kids played a similar game at a Christmas party they went to last week and they did it with music instead of dice. You had until the music stopped to try to unravel kind of like musical chairs and Hunter was adamant that we play it that way - he wanted nothing to do with the dice version so we did it that way for him.

We also decided that the three little ones - Hunter, Zepplyn and Freya didn't have to wear the oven mitts.

Their hands were just too little, I think it would have been too difficult for them.

We also decided to do it in age order from youngest to oldest so Freya got to start it off.

New Christmas tradition - Saran Wrap Ball

Zepplyn's turn at the ball - she's strong.

Hunter's turn, wonder what he is going to get.

Rob's turn.
He looks so serious - maybe he's plotting his strategy?

He had to wear the oven mitts so it was a bit harder for him.

Mom's turn.

Trying to find a 'start' was the hardest part.

Haylee's turn.

Kody is up next - the ball is getting smaller.

Crystal's turn.

The kids weren't that impressed with the manicure set she got.

Jason's turn.

My turn.

Is Rob going to end up being the big winner?
Spoiler alert - he was.

What - Hunter is pretty excited to see what was in there.

I think everyone enjoyed the game so we will for sure play it next year but I think we'll do it with the dice next time though.

Everyone hung out and visited for a the evening.
We had a game of Drawful.
Randy stopped by after he finished doing all his deliveries.

Bonnie and June were making these trees for their girls and they finished them up tonight - I think they look great.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment