Thursday 12 January 2023

The Dead South Concert (Jan.9, 2023)

Weigh In Day.
I've been following WW all week and not going over my points so I'm expecting to be down.
214.2 lbs

That's a loss of 3 lbs since last Monday - I'll take it.
I wish I hadn't gone so crazy over Christmas but it is what it is and I'll just have to keep working hard to get back to where I was.

I started work early and worked through lunch so we could head into the city - I got Jason tickets to a concert for a band he likes (The Dead South) and it is tonight.

I did hop in the treadmill at home before we headed in so I could get my steps out of the way.
I had to stop around 20 minutes in to use the washroom and accidentally pulled the emergency tab so reset all my times.
Add this to it though and I did about 30 minutes, I ran for 2k of it.

The run felt great today - I did it at a speed of 4.0 the whole time and felt like I could have run longer.

I didn't though since we were heading into the city.

Jason got us a room at Campus Tower Suites because it's close to Sepp's Pizza and the river valley for running.
We were both looking forward to having Sepp's and I went online to order when we were about 20 minutes away and discovered that they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.

That was kind of a bummer because we were both looking forward to it but we did find another pizza place nearby that we decided to try out.

Rosso Pizzeria.
They do wood fired pizza and have pretty good ratings.

They were quite busy for a Monday night but were able to seat us.
My Honey.

Moi.
It's been a long time since we had a date night.

He ordered us both Caesar's while I was waiting in the line up for the washroom.
It was so yummy - I love when they put all kinds of goodies on them for you to snack on.

We ordered the kale caesar salad to share - It was good.

Then we tried two different pizzas.
This one had kale and mushrooms and goat cheese.

Then this one had eggplant and olives.
They were both delicious - I love the crust on the pizza.
We will most definitely be back.

After the pizza, we checked into our room then walked over to the Jubilee Auditorium.
It was only a few minutes away which I never realized but if we ever go to any events there again, we know now to stay at this hotel.
Then no need to search around for parking.

We went and found our seats right away.

We were up in the first balcony - for some reason when I booked I thought we were on the floor but oh well.

No matter where you sit in this place you have a pretty good view of the stage - it is actually a nice venue for shows.

The band that opened up for them was also from Regina, Saskatchewan and they were called Indigo Joseph.

I think this song was called All I Wanna Do.

They said they'd done a couple shows with The Dead South who are also based out of Regina and this was only their third time playing to a crowd this large.

Another excerpt from an Indigo Joseph song.

I'm not sure which fellow was the lead singer because there were two different guys that would take turns singing the songs but this guy had a fantastic voice and he was very charismatic.
The other fellow had a more raspy voice and wasn't as melodious but he had really great energy.
I really enjoyed them.

Then it was time for the headliners, The Dead South.

I really have only knew a couple of their songs but the whole concert was fantastic.

So full of energy.

They do a version of You Are My Sunshine that is kind of neat.

You know it was a good concert when you enjoyed it so much that the time just flies by and it seems to be over before you know it.

We walked back to our room, got some popcorn in the hotel's little snack shop then watched some Diners, Drive-In's and Dives before calling it a night.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment