Wednesday 11 January 2023

Christmas Un-Decorating Begins (Jan.7, 2023)

I was up early this morning, had a coffee and got started right away on doing some clean up.
I plan on taking the decorations down today but I like to start with a clean house so I did the dishes and cleaned off all the counters and the table.
I like to take everything and gather it all in one spot so that when I start packing it away, I can see everything that I still have left to pack and put like things together.

Took a bit of a break when Freya got up.
She had an ice cream for breakfast - that's what she wanted.

She played and drew while I took things down.
Jason was trying to get out for a run but she just didn't want him to go.
Then she agreed he could go but she wanted to go with him.

So I offered to take her for a walk just so Jason could get going.
She wanted to go to the red store (the Hardware) and get a toy so I told her we could.

She stopped a few times to pick up some snow and throw it .

Sometimes she threw it at me and other times into the road - really it was just the side of the road, she doesn't have a huge range.

The fresh air was so nice.
(She put her boots on herself and I noticed half way there that they were on the wrong feet but she didn't seem to mind)

At the store she picked out the play dough set and I told her I'd get it but she couldn't play with it at my house, she'd have to take it home.
She agreed but wanted to go home right away so we bought it and I walked her home.
She had been talking about Kody coming to get her anyway and Kody said Zepplyn was coming for the day so that was good.

Jason finished up his run and met me while I was walking home so we walked back together.
 
Everything is so tore apart right now and things are everywhere.

The table is piled up.

Even my storage containers are piled up.
Jason and Morgan brought a lot of them up for me and Kody stopped by and brought up the rest for me so that was a big help.

I got the ornaments all off of the tree and packed away.

Things are starting to look bare.

Well kind of.

It's a long process and a lot of work.

I worked at it all day and as I would pack up a box, I'd set it by the basement stairs so it was ready to go back down.
 I didn't quite get finished but I got a good chunk of it done.

Right after supper Jason and I took some garbage down to the bin at work, we went to the store then we stopped at Bonnie's to pick up a tree that she is giving me because the lights don't work on it.
It's a really nice tree, I was thinking of cutting it up to use for a more bulky archway next year but maybe I might just add some new lights and use it as a decoration outside.

We'll see what happens.

When we got back, I packed a little more but really, by 7:30 I felt like I was done for the day.
Everything looks torn apart right now but hopefully tomorrow I'll get it finished up.

I didn't get a run in today again but I was very busy and managed to get my steps in no problem.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment