Monday 16 January 2023

Sunny/Foggy Sunday (Jan.15, 2023)

I slept in a little bit this morning - I was super tired.

I think it was 8 am when I finally got out of bed.

I made a coffee then looked for something to watch and came across this mini-series about the rise of Warren Jeffs and the FLDS Mormons.

There were four episodes and I watched the whole thing.

It was disturbing and sad and to think that they took him down and he's in jail now but he's still running the show is really sad and depressing.

Afterwards I went out to do some shoveling or really ice removal.

There was a layer of ice over everything this morning when I looked out.

I couldn't get right down to the pavement but I figured if I at least got the top layer off then the sun could hopefully melt the rest.

After I finished with the driveway, I walked down to the store to get some bananas.
It got really foggy on the way down then on the way back, the sun came out again.
I thought it would be a nice day to go out for a run but by the time I was ready to go out, the fog had come back full force.
I don't feel safe out jogging in the fog so I decided to go down and get on the treadmill instead.

I only ran 2k - that's all I felt like doing today and with the shoveling and walk - it's all I needed to get to my 13,000 steps.

I am feeling a little bit nervous about running a half marathon at the end of April - I feel kind of rushed and like maybe I'm not giving myself enough time so a little overwhelmed but I'll just do what I can.
My main goal is to stay injury free so I'm not going to push myself as hard as I did for the marathon.

I am going to find a training plan to follow and I plan on working strength training in a couple of days a week too.
A half marathon at the end of April is doable but I just want to be smart about it.

After my run I had a nice long, hot bubble bath.
It was so nice and relaxing.

For supper I decided to try out the new air fryer mom got Jason and I for Christmas.
I cooked up sweet potato and chicken.
It only has one basket and it isn't huge so I had to cook the sweet potato first then the chicken.
I didn't like that because the sweet potato was cold by the time I finished up the chicken but it did cook the chicken really nicely - it was nice and juicy and not all dried up.

I look forward to experimenting with it a bit more.

Kody called after Jason got home from work and said Freya wanted to talk to me and as soon as she got on the phone she was asking to come over.
We both have to work in the morning but mom said she'd watch her so I told Kody to bring her over.
Jason was so happy to see her (so was I).

She just loves Frank - all the animals really but she just wanted to snuggle Frank.
He has a habit of getting under the blanket on the couch and just laying in there and both Jason and I have accidentally sat on him a few times because you can't even tell that he is there.
Luckily we haven't hurt him but we need to start checking before we sit down.

I was feeling tired and wanted to go to be early but it was close to 11 before we did make it to be and then for whatever reason, I could not fall asleep.
Freya and Jason were both out within minutes.

It was a bit of a sleepless night for me unfortunately - all I can do is hope that tomorrow night is better.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment