Thursday 26 January 2023

Icey, Icey, Icey Out There (Jan.25, 2023)

Haylee was coming to the office to work again today so I went and picked her up around 9.

Bonnie is off to a service for her nephew that passed away over the weekend but she left lots for Haylee to do.

 Boy, thank goodness for these guys.

We have been having temperatures in the pluses each day then it drops down over night so the snow melts then freezes and everything is a sheet of ice.
These cleats come in very handy

I didn't let that stop me from getting out for my walk to the road though.

At lunch Haylee and I went to Subway and got lunches for us and Mom and Freya then went back to my place to eat.
I did a little shoveling on the walkway and driveway where some snow had drifted in.
Freya was a little upset when we had to leave to go back to work but Crystal had arrived to give mom her weekly massage so that kept Freya occupied.

When I got home from work, I finished shoveling the rest of the driveway and I did the sidewalk too.
It was a rest day for me today but I still had to get my 13,000 steps in so the shoveling helped with that.

Jason is eating vegetarian this week (he eats vegetarian for one week each month of the year) so I decided to make a big pot of vegetarian chili when I got home from work.

I had some veggie ground (imitation ground beef) and I added all kinds of veggies, some lentils and tomato sauce and threw it all into the slow cooker.
It was filled right to the very top.

I didn't realize it would make that much.
I had to pour it all out into a huge bowl to be able to stir it up then I poured it all back into the crock pot.

I had half of my sub from lunch still in the fridge so that is what I had for supper - the chili was nowhere near ready at that point.

When Jason got home from work, he, Morgan and I spent the evening chatting - it was nice.

The chili had cooked enough by 8:30 that we could all have a bit.
I'd already had my supper but I did have a little bowl to see how it turned out and it was delicious.

I spoke to Crystal about Disney plans (it's coming up quickly) and I think I'm going to have everyone over this weekend so we can finalize some things - like which park we want to go to, how many car rentals we'll need and stuff like that.

I was speaking to my brother as well and while he isn't coming, Mel and the kids are trying to.
She took the time off and she's still working on getting their passports and stuff.
I sure hope it all works out and that they can come.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment