Wednesday 18 January 2023

Busy Day Running April's Taxi Service (Jan.17, 2023)

I hopped on the scale this morning and had a look at my weight and I was down a little so that made me feel good.

I didn't take a picture because it wasn't an official weigh in day and I don't want to get in the habit of weighing every day, once a week is plenty, but I was feeling a bit disappointed yesterday so I really needed the boost.
 
It was another mild day out there so I got out this morning for a quick walk in between my work and errands.

I dropped Freya off at school then I had to go back and pick her up when it was done.
Then over my lunch hour I had a massage booked.
It was so nice - I love treating myself to a massage.

I didn't get to eat any lunch but I did have to run my Mom to a Doctor appointment at 3 so I grabbed one of Jason's homemade sausages when I got her because I was pretty hungry.

I dropped her back home after her appointment (she has another bladder infection) and headed back to work.
I worked late to make up for some of the time I missed this morning, I likely would have even worked later than I did but I had to make the pharmacy to pick up mom's prescription before they closed.

When I got home, my two kitties were cuddled together on the chair.
Morgan's two cats are out and about and Professor Snuggles isn't hiding from them anymore so that's progress.
I wouldn't say they are all friends but they aren't fighting.

I hopped on the treadmill as soon as I got home.
I wanted to get a 5k run in and I did.

The last km felt really difficult but I pushed through and got it done.

I found a 13 week half marathon training plan on a blog I follow:


I enjoy her blog and she has several training plans so check her out.

Anyway, I'm going to start this coming Sunday with the plan.

It will have me running 4 days a week with 3 rest days and I think that is totally doable.
I do need to start getting some runs in outside again though.
I think I'll try one this weekend weather permitting.

I had promised Freya she could spend the night as Jason starts his days off tomorrow and Kody was there with her right when I got upstairs from my work out.

Jason is looking forward to spending some time with her as he is heading to his parents place on Thursday for the rest of his days off this time.
I'm glad he's going - we haven't been there in a long time.
I would go too but it's quite a far drive (over 4 hours) and not really worth it for me to go up on Saturday then turn around a come back on Sunday.
He'll have a nice visit with them I'm sure.

Freya took some pictures of Jason while he was eating the stir fry he made us for supper.
It was delicious by the way.
She took several pictures but they all kind of look the same.

I didn't track my points today but I think I stayed within my points value until I started in on the mixed nuts.
I saw them on sale the other day for a really good price so I got two containers.
They are my kryptonite and I cannot stay away from them.

I'll be happy when they are gone (I'm not throwing them out though).


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment