Monday 30 January 2023

Super Long Train Wait (Jan.28, 2023)

 I'm not sure if we got snow last night or if it just did some drifting but either way, the sidewalk, walkway and driveway all needed to be shoveled so after my coffee, I went out and got that done.

While I was out there, it was nice and sunny and clear so I decided to take a quick trip to Whitecourt to pick up a few things.

There was a train crossing and I just happened to look at my clock when I got up to it - it was 10:40 am.
The training was actually stopped and stayed like that for a loooooong time.

This is the line up of traffic that was building up behind me.
I sat there for over 40 minutes - It was ridiculous, I couldn't believe it.
It was 11:23 when I was finally able to start moving again.
Not cool.
What if an ambulance needed to get by or something?


I put the car in park while I was sitting there and called Jason for a bit to see if he needed anything.
I also browsed Facebook and Instagram for a bit (I had the time).

Crystal posted this drawing Freya did of her.
I love Freya's drawings - they are so great.
This made me laugh.

Yup - me too Priscilla.

When I was finally able to get moving again, I stopped at the second hand store to drop off some donation I had for them.
I also went in and had a look.
I found a couple bathing suits for Freya and a cute little dress.

I stopped and picked up food from the vet for the cats then I stopped at Walmart for a few necessities.

I had wanted to go to a few other places as well but I just didn't feel in the mood so after Walmart, I just went back home.

I had to run 4 miles today (6.4k) so I figured I'd go down and get that done.
I was kind of dreading it because my run on Thursday night had been so hard and I only had to run 3 miles.
The run today ended up being not bad at all though.
I started off at a speed of 4.0 thinking I'd put it down when it got hard but I ended up bumping it off and ended at a speed of 4.5.

I was super sweaty and I love it - means it was a great work out.

We have a stained glass pool table light fixture in the room where the treadmill is so my face always looks really red (even redder than it is from the running) so I decided to take a picture in the bathroom down there to get a truer picture.

Did my check in video in there as well.

That's 4 miles in the bank!

After my run I had a nice long, hot bath.
My body has been aching (my hips mainly) so I figured a hot soak would do me good.

I spent the rest of the evening bingeing on Love on the Spectrum.
It's a series on Netflix about people with autism looking for love.
It was so good - I was really rooting for all of them.
This one is based in Australia and there were two seasons.
I only watched the first season.

There is a US version as well so I still have lots more to watch.

I had planned on doing some crafting but the evening just kind of got away from me.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment