Wednesday 4 January 2023

Christmas Eve - New Experiences and Old Traditions (Dec.24, 2022)

Final Molly check in for 2022. 

It was a quiet morning.

I had my coffee and did some net surfing.

Some memes just strike me as so funny - maybe because they are kind of close to truth.

I remember growing up and getting in trouble for using mom's 'good' scissors.

Like this one, made me laugh.

I thought this one was cute too.

I found an old Christmas movie on Tubi and Jason and I watched it.

A Christmas Wish.
The description said it was about a down and out family that learns how to make money from a squirrel so I didn't really know what to expect but it ended up being a fun little movie.

It was a pretty quiet day.
I did pop down to the store to get some cash out to give to Kody for Christmas and it declined saying that there was fraudulent activity on my account.

So we went home and I called the bank to find out what was going on, I was on hold for 2 hours and 20 minutes then they hung up on me.

I was so frustrated.

I called back and was on the phone for another 40 minutes trying to get the issue resolved.

At first they said they couldn't find anything wrong then the guy says I have two bank cards and he'd just cancel one then everything would be good to go.

That didn't seem right to me and I asked him how I could end up with 2 cards, he said maybe I created it by accident online or something.

That just seemed absolutely ridiculous to me - I've been online banking for years, how could I possibly suddenly do that?
He cancelled the card anyway though and assured me the next time I tried to use it, all would be good.

It was after 5 by this point and the store in town where the bank machine is was closed by that point so I will have to wait to test it out.

I was pretty annoyed by the whole situation but at least someone didn't get into my account which was what I was concerned about.

I don't have a ton of money but what I do have I don't want someone else to take.

Paddington laid on the couch and relaxed the whole time I was on the phone.

Doesn't he look so cozy there?

He fits right in with the color scheme too.

Jason spent the afternoon in the garage and made a lantern and he hung it out in the tree.
It turned out great.

My Christmas Eve tradition is to watch It's a Wonderful Life so when he came in, we put it in and watched it.
It is such a great movie - I watch it every single year and love it just as much every single time.

It was a really quiet Christmas Eve for us.
Kody, Haylee and Freya were in Barrhead at Haylee's grandparents, Morgan was with Tanner's family and Rob went over and hung out with Adrien and Mel and the kids.

It was different but nice.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy and Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment